cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like my home surf to be competitively priced

N/A

I don't need an upgrade, I just want my account (home surf £18.99/month) to be repriced competitively ( i.e £14.99) without an insulting charge. Do you want your previously loyal customers to go elsewhere?
13 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Your home surf is soon going to be a faster connection. You'll receive a free upgrade to 2Mb in due course.

Why would they give you a 2Mb connection for £14.99 with 22 Gb FUP, when PAYG users get only 1Gb bandwidth for £14.99 and BB+ users get only 512k for £14.99.

If you think Broadband Plus 512k would suit you more effectively, why not downgrade to it.

In my opinion, you are in quite a comfortable situation.
N/A

Yes a possible 2 meg connection, but talk is cheap, just look aat the FUP fiasco.
How long have Plus had to get it sorted before the 14th, a few months that's for sure, and here we are no FUP (what a shame) and all plus can say is "oops".
Community Veteran

Yes indeed there are many people who would love to be on the homesurf package right now.

The lowest premier package is the 30GB FUP limit at £21.99 - and as many dont use anywhere near 22GB never mind 30GB, they would prefer the homesurf option - which is in essence a special premier product created just for you....

I would like the 22GB £18.99 package, but PN have not deemed it fit to offer this to the masses. We have to settle for the £21.99 account.

There will be uproar if this happens though, as those people downgrading from the £39.99 75GB package, have settled on the 30GB package as this £22GB option was not available, if it becomes available and PN want to charge them again for downgrading then its not going to be a nice scene.
csogilvie
Grafter

There will indeed, and I will be one of the ones complaining if it is introduced, but I can't see PlusNet changing their minds on this at the moment, unfortunately Sad
LiamM
Grafter

How long have Plus had to get it sorted before the 14th, a few months that's for sure, and here we are no FUP (what a shame) and all plus can say is "oops".

Unfortunately this happens. They have no 'real' way of testing it without bringing it into service. They discovered problems with it, and so instead of just placing the FUP upon us with a duff VMU system, they have delayed the FUP entirely.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

As I have said in another thread,

Just to clarify our earlier announcement.

The problem was caused by an issue with the roll-out process.
ceridwen
Grafter

Just to clarify our earlier announcement.

The problem was caused by an issue with the roll-out process.

Ben,

Apart from that doesn't really add anything to the original announcement, as all it says is the the problem was cause by a errr problem...

Matthew
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Unfortunately there is no further information available at this time.
Community Veteran

Back to topic.. Wink

Can someone fom PN clarify exactly why the £18.99 22GB option ws not made available as a general option?

As far as I can see a 2mb 22GB product at £18.99 would knock spots of nearly all the competitors - including many LLU providers.

Is it being considered?
LiamM
Grafter

This is an old product, and as such is no longer available.

Truth is, Plusnet probably don't make so much on this connection, but are still honouring it for people who signed up when it was available.

Aside from that, it would also very much undermine Broadband PAYG. For £17.99 I get 3Gb Bandwidth, for an extra £1 (£18.99) I can get 4Gb bandwidth. Thats the same price as Home Surf, with the same connection, yet they get 22Gb bandwidth.

Of course people would jump at it... but I bery much doubt Plusnet's bank balance would.
N/A

But remember with the homesurf product P2P is totally blocked as is newsgroups, unlike the BB+ product which has only a "restricted" P2P and no download limits.

So how do you compare two products that are totally different, to be honest the 2 meg speed will not make a lot of difference as all it means is i will use up the allocation faster,
csogilvie
Grafter

You can actually now activate teh blocking used on home surf on all accounts I think - or you certainly can on the 1MB premier I have ATM :lol:
LiamM
Grafter

Yes, you can. 'Surf' under Connection Settings.