cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I changed to payg when can I reduce my monthly d'load limt

Community Veteran

I downgraded to payg with a 6gb limit on the 7th July. I'm not really going above 2 to 3gb.

I believe I have to keep this d'load limit for a period before I can reduce it or I'll be charged yet another downgrade fee.

Could someone please tell me when i should be able to reduce my monthly allowance and not have 2nd downgrade fee enforced on me.

it could be argude that PN downgrade my service for free frequently with e-mail prob's dns and latency issues. I don't think I should have to pay again to downgrade my service myself.

Cheers.

A
6 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

Any bandwidth changes have to be kept for 30 days. After this you can change it any time. Smiley
Community Veteran

Cheers,

Could you please confirm that if i do decrease my monthly allowance I'll not be required to pay another re-grade fee.

I'll still be on payg just payg 2 or 4 gb not payg 6.

many thanks,

A
Community Veteran

Changing the inclusive allowance on PAYG does not incure any fees. It is only if you change products (i.e. Premier -> PAYG) and the new product costs less that an admin fee is changed.

You can make 1 reduction of inclusive allowance in any 30 day period but you can make multiple increases in allowance at any time.
Community Veteran

I've reduced it to 2gb what happens when i hit the 2gb limit.

Am I right to say if and when I do I'll be automatically diverted to plusnets webpage where I'll be advised to purchase more gigs before I can go any further.

Also my billing date is tomorrow and I've made the change before this date so I guess my £14.99 price and account change will occur tomorrow as it's my next billing date.

There was no mention of 14 days advanced notice being required before billing date to make packages changes so it should all work at midnight.

fingers crossed.

A
retep
Grafter

I don't think anything will happy automaticaly.

If you leave the limit at 2Gb and use say 2.5Gb in the month you would pay for the first 2Gb at the usual rate and the next 2Gb at a slightly higher rate which is I think is 25p extra per Gb. Save 50p if you change the limit to 4gb, if that occurs.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

brist is correct. You will get an email as well so you know you have gone over your included amount.

Under connection settings there is the Data Transfer Watch that you can set to the maximum you want to spend. If any increase takes you over that amount, then it wont happen and you will be redirected to a holding page, where you can increase the DTW if you want to continue using the internet.

Phil

edit: my awful spelling!