cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant phone PN

N/A

I cant phone PN

The Geographical number I have been using 0114 2200000 has now been closed off.

You have to ring the 0845 number.......

My phones block 0845 and 0870 so how am I now to contact PN?

Anyone got the new Geo Number?
17 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

I cant phone PN

Nope.

I was wondering why they had done that

They said they had nothing to lose by people calling the geo number, and that they didnt profit from the 0845 number - so why close it up?
LiamM
Grafter

I cant phone PN

Try calling the Metronet number - 0114 296 5185.
N/A

I cant phone PN

Could it be something to do with using PlusTalk's free minutes to call numbers starting with 01 & 02. Where as calling an 0845 number is chargeable?

Bish
Community Veteran

I cant phone PN

It would be nice if people could choose what number to call.

For example, local and national 01 numbers drop down at evening and weekend (when most people will no doubt call as they are at work during the day)

0845 numbers dont get cheaper in the evening or at the weekend. at 4.5 a minute, compared to the 5.5p for up to an hour on an 01 number.

Why not let people call the geographical number and save themselves some moeny - afterall PN dont make anything out of the 0845 do they......?
N/A

I cant phone PN

they will make something (but not much) out of the 0845 charge very much in the same way that ISP's did in the old pay as you days. Still.. it's still not bad considering other ISP's have premium rate support
glyndev
Grafter

I cant phone PN

For example, local and national 01 numbers drop down at evening and weekend (when most people will no doubt call as they are at work during the day

Or depending what phone package you are on with your call provider its free to geographic numbers
Community Veteran

I cant phone PN

I dont think there is anything in 0845's any more. There is in 0870's.

A company can use 0870 for support, but (and this may prove interesting for PN to consider with the new premium rate number being brought in)...

According to the office of fair trading and th DTi, it is considered an unfair practice for a company to use a premium rate telephone number for support of its products.
N/A

I cant phone PN

the issue simply is:

The geographical number should never have worked for you. PN have never advertised it nor said it is a support number.

The beauty of 0845 numbers is that they are transferable between addresses/sites whereas geographical numbers are not.

PlusNet do make a *tiny* (I really mean TINY) amount of revenue from an 0845 number all companies who have them do but it's such a pittance it's not worth mentioning

If/when pn move offices you'd have lost that number anyway.

Ask bt to unbar 0845 number on your phone or thump whoever you don't trust until they get the picture.
xblade
Grafter

I cant phone PN

PlusNet do make a *tiny* (I really mean TINY) amount of revenue from an 0845 number all companies who have them do but it's such a pittance it's not worth mentioning

When you multiply that by the thousands of calls that are made to CS, over the year, then it soon adds up as extra profit

But many of us have seen that now days,Plusnet are more interested in profit, than customer satisfaction.

Shame!

Simon
Community Veteran

I cant phone PN

Sarahnmason,

Im very sorry, but with hold/wait times of well over half an hour, I would like the option of a geographic number.

lets say a 45 minute phone call at gone 6pm

geographic cost 5.5p.

0845 cost 45 x 1p = 45p.

during the day that 0845 is 3p a minute, so would be £1.35

and, as posted above, some people may even have packages that would let you call a geographic number for free.

For some - the option of a geographic number would be appreciated - especially given the current waiting times.
joncooper
Grafter

I cant phone PN

yup, I get all calls except 0845, premium rate and moblie numbers for 'free'

I'd far rather ALL companies published geographic numbers for people like me / us
N/A

I cant phone PN

I've suggested this before but I really think PlusNet should really provide totally free VoIP for support calls. PlusTalk is already being pushed and it's not difficult to setup. It's not an answer for everyone but it would be a good gesture and if done well show customers the advantages of VoIP.
shellsong
Grafter

I cant phone PN

No good if you can't get on line though! Wink
N/A

I cant phone PN

money grabbing. thats all plus is lately.

new policy sucks. support is only premium now!. very very disapointed with them