cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't take this

truvoice
Grafter

I can't take this

Plusnet have throttled my speed to 128k. Shouldn't they be lifted once my billing date has passed because I am still recieving the same speeds and my billing date has passsed.
6 REPLIES
bobbygeorge
Grafter

I can't take this

hehe,

c'mon, just look at the state of this forum, plusnet will throttle your speed to 128K anyway, regardless of billing dates, so you would not see any speed increase anyway ..

Think yourself lucky you get that much. most of us here are getting 56K speeds at all times ..
truvoice
Grafter

I can't take this

so, this is how crap pn is, I should be happy to get 128k on an 'up to 8mb' service. God help us all.

Does anyone know how much I have to pay to migrate. I have been with plusnet for over a year and did not pay for the activation fee or the modem when I signed up.

Thanks
N/A

I can't take this

truvoice, if you have no outstanding fees then its free to ask for a mac Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I can't take this

If you took free activation and modem you will have deferred charges to pay. I think https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary might show you how much - I haven't got any so can't check.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

I can't take this

Does anyone know how much I have to pay to migrate. I have been with plusnet for over a year and did not pay for the activation fee or the modem when I signed up.

Thanks
The quickest way to find out is to request a MAC. If there is any outsatnding debt, they will tell you and they won't issue the MAC until it's settled. The MAC itself is free.

Request the MAC via Plusnet's Help Assistant and give them the info you think they want. I got mine within an hour of requesting it. I wonder if Plusnet are trying to tell me something? :lol:

When they replied with the MAC, I was offered a month's ??service?? for free. I accepted the free month as it was unconditional and described as a gesture of good will. I also cancelled my direct debit which was due yesterday, and there have been no repercussions. I thought that I ought to make a gesture as well! :twisted:

I was on the fence until this latest email saga, now I won't feel guilty about leaving Plusnet, it's the last straw! :roll:

Plusnet = FARCE9. Smiley
N/A

I can't take this

I have deferred charges for activation + modem, bringing it to £67...

I chose a monthly contract, how does that help me?..
Also, they change this crappy 'service' so much surely we should be free to leave without having to pay them off first.

Actually, when I do move, i'd be happy to have my connection 'deactivated' + send that modem back (Which never worked in the first place) and just get another isp to supply 'free' activation... One that doesn't take the piss/your money + gives you a service i paid <£10 a month for 2 years ago.

My apologies. End rant.