cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am worried

N/A

I am worried

I haven't even started using Plus Net yet, as it is not due to be switched on until today.

However, I come into this forum, and all I see is thread after thread claiming how poor plus.net is.

Is it really that bad? Or is it simply a case of those who find it works properly, never come in here to complain?

Problem with this world is that if there's something wrong, we'll be the first to moan about it - if everything is fine, you never hear anything.

So will someone please tell me it's not as bad here as this forum makes it look?
28 REPLIES
N/A

I am worried

To be honest, I used it for a year no problem.. in my current house I have had its since March... apart from the ocassional few hours down, which was rare. Maybe a day another time... I never had a problem

But, when you do get a problem, PlusNet are useless........ 13 days with no connection and you can't get hold of them. good luck Wink
Alecto
Grafter

I am worried

@gorebrush

It's as you say, there a some unhappy people, but for the majority (including me) it works fine.
Main problem is that the change to MaxDSL has been a lash up, mainly due to BT not getting it right, and no ISP, including Plusnet, is geared up to take the huge volume of calls this is generating. That said, Max works OK for me, went in like clockwork, and no problems at all.

Look on www.adslguide.org at the forum sections to see how other ISPs are getting on, and you'll see the problems are quite widespread.

If you have problems with Plusnet, then quite probably you'd have had them with whoever you were with. But if your startup goes OK, then I think it should be fine for you.

And the other thing is that PLusnet are one of the few ISPs to have a forum where customers can complain as they do here. I don't think any of the others has anything approaching it .
N/A

I am worried

Can't say fairer than that Smiley

My equipment is actually synching with my exchange no problem, seems i'm getting between 2.5 and 3Mb, which is not too shabby at all.

According to the order tracker on the website, it should be switched on from 12:00PM Today.. so fingers crossed I might h'actually have some broadband today
Alecto
Grafter

I am worried

If you're synching with the exchange, I'd have thought you were connected already.
N/A

I am worried

the problem with customer service sections are that they only contain bad news. people expect a perfect product and when they get it..they very very rarely make the effort to say thanks on the forums.
N/A

I am worried

yeah yeah, but they aren't providing a free service Wink

We are paying for a service..... if it goes down, fair enough, but after 2 weeks of uselss communication... ? You expect it to work.
N/A

I am worried

Nah, I expect:-
> a connection - which has been fine
> an accurate bill - I've been overcharged
> a response from customer services - They've picked up recently, but it's still about 2 days wait on a ticket or an hour on the phone for some pretty simple stuff.

Is that really too much to ask?

If you're in the cooling off period get out now! Check out adslguide or ispreview and pick an isp that shows up on the top ten.

A lot of us are only here because we're bound by contract, if they relaxed
that limitation then it would seem much nicer inthe forums cos we'd have
gone already.

Dumbest thing I ever did was signing up to a year with Plus Net.
N/A

I am worried

If you're synching with the exchange, I'd have thought you were connected already.

Hmm, Well, I've been synching since the weekend.

However, I didn't get much help from Customer Support because of course, the order is not complete until today (i.e. I dont get any help until tonight)

My two routers (really old ones, admittedly) are both synching, but giving me 10.10.10.x addresses. Which is rubbish.

I've got a DG834v2 which I borrowed from work, but the sodding thing - someone changed the password on it, so i can't enter any new details into it.
JonathanW
Grafter

I am worried

It can take a while for BT to inform us that the work itself is complete and that we're able to start providing you with the service from our side. Though if you're synching up, put in your account details with us and our system should then activate your account for you.

The fact that your account isn't fully active yet shouldn't make any difference to the level of support that you receive. Though obviously, there will be some things that the support team can't assist you with until everything is up and running.
N/A

I am worried

"The fact that your account isn't fully active yet shouldn't make any difference to the level of support that you receive"

Yeah, you aren't wrong... it will be shocking full stop. regardless of issue. Wink
newinvention
Grafter

I am worried

Hi,
Well to answer your original question ... Plusnet are (as someone said) fine until something goes wrong. I've been with them for 6 years now :roll: but can safely say that the new customer service/ technical help procedures are extremely poor. No one is manning the premium rate number this evening!!! Phone rings until it gets cut off. Don't get to listen to a robot never mind speak to a humanoid. I'm not sure if this is a temporary (long, if temporary) glitch or if it's the way Plusnet is going permanently. But as has been said, we only tend to hear about the problems people are having and not the successes. There do seem to be some very frustrated Pnetters out there right now. Let's just hope it's a temporary situation. I just dread anything going wrong with my ADSL connection now ... I rely on it for work and when it's down and there's no-one at Pnet to speak to it couldn't be more frustrating.
N/A

I am worried

... There dose seem to be some very frustrated Pnetters out there right now. Let's just hope it's a temporary situation.

I believe that Pnetters are becoming more of a force to be reckoned with. It's going to take time though... Smiley
N/A

I am worried

Dumbest thing I ever did was signing up to a year with Plus Net.

Just to make you aware of a couple of pointers here...

Yourcontract for a monthly subscription is only a year long. However if you took the deferred activation charge and the deferred Modem offer then you are actually looking at a bill come the end of your 1 year contract. This comes under the "You stay we pay" deal that plusnet offer. Basically they take the £47 activation and split it into 5 equal 20% amounts. For every year your with them they reduce it by a 20% block so come the end of year 5 you can finally leave without having to pay them anything.

Like I say this is not intended to spark arguements but just to make you aware of a matter or two.

Regards,
N/A

I am worried

@tomspc

yeah great, i get that.... I don't get why my connection is down, has been for 2 weeks now.. no one gives a toss about it or even wants to help.

My tickets are unanswered for 24 hours... i can't phone the support team.

I can't leave without paying for that stupid cancellation fee, I shouldn't be charged.......... ah I can't be bothered..

you're company is atrocious...... i am really pisssed off.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Deliberate avoidance of the swear filter removed.Dont do this as it is against the rules]