cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am absolutely fuming...

N/A

I can't believe how the only support ticket I've ever raised is progressing.

I'm still within the 45-day guarantee period so I've decided to migrate to another service and pay the activation fee (£58 or similar).

I've told the CS staff in the ticket that I wish to migrate under this 45-day guarantee and that I am aware of the deferred fees and wish to pay them using the card details as listed in my account.

Just to get my ticket even looked at I've had to ring up twice, and eventually the ticket got to the point (even after the 'we tried to phone you' bit) where the CS representative passed the ticket internally saying :

Customer does not wish to stay with us but would like migration key, please issue.

Simple? Apparently not. Unbelievably the reply didn't have my MAC code, it had this instead :

You are currently in an annual contract with ourselves until 26-08-2006.

Therefore we are unable to accept your request until this time, unless you pay the remainder of the contract off as well as the cancellation fees for your line activation which is currently standing at £58.75.
Please advise how you wish to proceed

Regards,

Is it me, or is this just unbelievable? There are multiple references in the ticket to the fact that I'm migrating under the guarantee and that I'm happy to pay the fees but this has become some kind of charade now.

If a PlusNet representative is around on the forum could you please take a look? I'm literally at the end of my tether here.
42 REPLIES
N/A

just keep annoying them they either give you it or kick you off for being a pest.

i am currently waiting on my mac code and hopefully have it soon as i said i would pay up my migration fee even though i do not agree.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The PlusNet Guarantee doesn't offer a "get out" for an annual contract. If you are in an annual contract and cancel but take advantage of the PlusNet Guarantee you would still need to repay the remainder of the annual contract that you commited to on sign up.
Community Veteran

But the new t&c's do?
N/A

Hi,

The PlusNet Guarantee doesn't offer a "get out" for an annual contract. If you are in an annual contract and cancel but take advantage of the PlusNet Guarantee you would still need to repay the remainder of the annual contract that you commited to on sign up.

If that's the case, then what exactly does the guarantee offer? It seems to me that you present us with what we already have, with a pretty bow on top. Not good enough, Mr. Tomlinson.
N/A

So Dave. I don't accept the new terms and conditions which is my reason for migration. Is _that_ an acceptable reason to end my contract?
Community Veteran

Hi,

If that's the case, then what exactly does the guarantee offer? It seems to me that you present us with what we already have, with a pretty bow on top. Not good enough, Mr. Tomlinson.

Please don't blame Dave, he does his best but appears to be limited to what management allow him to say.
Community Veteran

I think whoever has looked at your ticket has overlooked the part where you are inside your 45 day guarantee period.

Someone will be along shortly and fix it for you.

Not meaning to be belittleing but, perhaps someone could create a simple flow chart for the CS agents?

I reckon it could save them some flak?
N/A

Hi,

Please don't blame Dave, he does his best but appears to be limited to what management allow him to say.

Sure. He perpetuates the lies of management, and for this I forgive him as a person. However, that guarantee is a hollow sham, and Plusnet should be ashamed.
Community Veteran

Chesterfield see this?

Hi,

I like the idea of a flow chart I might do one for PN.
Community Veteran

Back to my flowchart idea - it would seem that the customers require one too!

Dave is there any milage in this one? Perhaps if everyone (customers and staff) had a flowchart that helped them figure out exactly what their charges would be, then less of these threads would be started and the customers/CS agents would both know exactly what was to happen? Would make the tickets go more smoothly too maybe?

A sticky with a jpg flowchart could help.
Community Veteran

Hi,

Dave I understand you are probably under a bit of pressure and a heavy workload at present, but - how does the above fit in with Neil's closing statement in this article??

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=56&ArticleID=1137244
N/A

the garentee means exactly the same as all there others its a con to get more users on. They give them the get out clause and then claim it doesnt work.....

do customers not have 30 days to withdraw from a service if they find it incompatible or unusable for there needs the same as if i bought a computer.

surerly this cant be deemed to be legal its takign customers into the clutches of the plus net mob (cs excluded Smiley ) and holding them to ransom even though there own adverts say there is a 45 day get out clause when i signed up i didnt see anything about not being able to get out of it if you on a year contract.

man plus net are really digging a hole with the false advertising in my opinion how can they claim 45 day get out and then decline a user who is with in the 45 days to be able to leave. Surerly it shuld have on the add only for monthly users which is a bit stupid as you still need to pay the 14 quid to leave and you can get out with 30 days notice

con con con
N/A

Hi,

Dave I understand you are probably under a bit of pressure and a heavy workload at present, but - how does the above fit in with Neil's closing statement in this article??

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=56&ArticleID=1137244

Those statements have no connection to the so-called Plusnet "guarantee". They are in reference to those customers who reject a change in the Terms and Conditions.
Community Veteran

Which the above user has now done. Is he too late?