cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am LESS than impressed.....

N/A

Right I have just the ur BroadBand Fault checker and it came back that my exchange is congested, which i find highly unlikey as I have also just done one elsewhere to find it is on green and NOT red. The reason for this is that my stable rate has been stuck on 4000 since the begining of last week and my line rate and router say's 5200 and i'm getting max. speeds of 3000 and as low as 1000, just now at only 14.50 I only got 2000 and I am very unhappy with my speeds. Seeing as I am only 840 metres away from my exchange. Can my stable rate please be increased as I don't understand this atall. I had better speeds throught the day and night on a very steady 2MB adsl connection.

And having just done a reboot of my router it is giving me a line speed of 6400...so please explain my low speeds and low stable rate and i am now 14 days into ADSLmax.

my last speedtest...which is not very good in it ask me....especially at only 1550 in the afternoon.

Router stats...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/littleangel/routerstats.jpg
11 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

jules
I know it's not easy, but can I recommend a little patience?
Max is not a precise science, from all one reads, and sometimes works better than other times. It seems from what you say to be moving about a bit to accommodate your sync rates, and I think that if you give it time it will probably end up on something that you're happy with.

I know it's supposed to work in the first 10 to 14 days, but things don't always do exactly what they should.
And with speed tests, there are always many other factors to consider, apart from your own line.
My own speed tests vary from 4.5Mb to under 1Mb depending on time of day, and I think that's unavoidable with Plusnet and the BT network the way they are. It is very difficult to pin down exact causes for slowdowns, but at least your connection looks to be heading the right way.
N/A

The strange thing is the hihest my line rate was when I was using my speedtouch 330 modem was if I was lucky settling at 5.2 but usually 4.4...now I'm using a router connected at the moment via ethernet it fluctuates between 5.2 and 6.4....so will my stable rate eventually go up(and my speeds) if I begin to reboot my router once a day for 3 days?
N/A

please explain my low speeds and low stable rate

It's worth noting that the PN Stable Rate is governed by the BT Profile. If you run the BT Speed tester and look for the IP Profile figure and compare it to your SR:-

http://test.speedtester.bt.com:50301/

This BT Speed tester gets very busy and you may have to try several times get it to work.
N/A

I have given up with that bt test I've have to use it several(lost count)times over the past week and can't get on it.
Alecto
Grafter

Various routers and, I assume modems, have different sensitivity and so give higher or lower sync rates.
This Netgear I have syncs 1/3 faster than the safecom I had before.

The answer is that it should do what you say, and probably will, but as I said Max doesn't always do what it should.

To use my own line as an example, it syncs between 5.4 and 6.2Mb and my stable rate goes from 5 to 5.5. It sometimes takes a day or two longer than it should to reset higher, but then doesn't always go down as quickly as it should either.

I'd suggest giving it another couple of weeks before deciding that you have a problem.
N/A

Okay thanks, your a great help Smiley
N/A

I use it daily. I'd double check what your doing, I get it to work 1 in 2 attempts (approx)
N/A

double check what i'm doing, easy....go to the site, put in my phone number and press go...then when for what seems like forever to get TEST BUSY or ERROR...
N/A

Ah!, I've not had an error after the phone number only after I put in my login details.
N/A

see got this again......

'The system is currently busy. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider'

about the tenth time today..
N/A

I must be lucky...

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:
IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 6093 kbps