cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade from Dialup to ADSL

wheelnut
Grafter

I am currently on dialup with PlusNet, and wish to upgrade to Broadband. I have been round and round all the FAQs and info on the site and gone thru the registration procedure.

There is NO option at that stage to say you wish to upgrade, as opposed to register anew.

My idea of upgrading is to apply for Broadband, then on the due day my dialup webspace/passwords/email/domains are transferred to my Broadband account - seems simple enough to me or am I missing something?

Any help appreciated.
10 REPLIES
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi there,

If you raise a ticket on your account advising of an upgrade, we will action it for you.

Please specifiy the exact account you would like to upgrade to (ie Broadband Easystart) and that you accept any activation fees if necessary. We will then process your upgrade. You will remain on your original account until the ADSL is active.

kind regards

Luke
wheelnut
Grafter

Thanks, I will do that.

Am I the only one in the history of the Universe that wants to move from Dialup to Broadband with tPlusNet?!

I obviously would have opted for broadband in the first instance but my exchange has only just got an RFS date.

Would it not be a good idea to add that option as is quite tedious specifying new account type and its options together with the connection detail and existing account data.

Mike
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi Mike,

This is available via the portal, you just have to find it... We have raised this to the content team and they are looking at what they can do to make it more user friendly. If you login to the portal, then go to the "More" option on any of the product pages, you will see the upgrade button... Let me know if you still can't see it, but in short, we agree - This is something that we need to fix.

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Hi Mike,

No you're not on your own! I upgraded this way previously.

If you look under Account Details on the right hand side, there should be an icon "upgrade my account".

Regards
D'essen
wheelnut
Grafter

Hi Ian

Thanks for that. I have succesfully programmed the upgrade via the portal.

It all hinges around the 'more...' link as you said.

If you hit the obvious 'Signup' button the process falls to pieces.

Sorry for being such a dumbo!

Mike
Community Veteran

I completely agree.
I have upgraded two of my customers recently and I had terrible trouble fining the route vie the portal.
Even when you have found it it is not the easiest thing to follow as some of the questions are not so obvious.

Roll on the next and hopefully bettr version of the Plusnet interface. :roll:
N/A

Sorry but this "more" button is eluding me... :?

Anyway I upgraded easily by logging in to the Member Centre and chosing 'Upgrade Account' from the 'Connection Settings' pge under 'My Account'. Possibly Plusnet could add an upgrade link on the "Account Details" page as well, but the upgrade process seemed clear enough to me!
Community Veteran

The more links are to take you to the description pages for each product - i.e. the ones down the side of this page. Clicking more then takes you to a page where there is an upgrade button.
wheelnut
Grafter

OK, another related question, again having been around the portal until I am blue in the face - how do I double check the CLI you have for my broadband line??

The CLI I use for dialup is different as I have an extra line for that which will be nuked when I change over.

I can find the dialup CLI, I can find the £70 odd you have just taken for the broadband exchange fit, but no confirmation of other broadband details.

Also, as I am upgrading - possibly not many days into a new dialup subscription month, will I get a refund of the unused dialup subscription for that month?

Thanks

Mike
N/A

Any subscription fees you have paid, will be taken into account, when ti comes to charging your first month for boradband.

As for the number used for ADSL, you should have been asked to confirm this during the upgrade.

If not, you best bet is to phone them (quicker, and cheaper in the long run), and confirm the number that ADSL is due to be enabled on.

If it is the wrong one, ask them to cancel it and re-apply the order on thr right number.