cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to post a ticket?

N/A

How to post a ticket?

Hi there

How do I post a ticket to Plus.net? I've asked for the switch to 8meg broadband and the BT speed test reports 8Meg but the speed in my Plus.net profile is reporting 2000Mbps.

Other posts on this problem say to raise a ticket, but I've never raised one before and I cannot find any info on the web site.

Many thanks
9 REPLIES
bobbygeorge
Grafter

How to post a ticket?

unfortunatley with plusnet it is not that simple.

you will have to navigate yourself through the overcomplicated minefield that is the help assistant before you can even think of raising a ticket ..

why can't we just have "raise a ticket" under the help and support pages

thats all we ask ..
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

How to post a ticket?

On the top banner there is a link to the Help & Support section of the web site. There is then a box saying "Go to Help Assistant". When you go there it will ask you what you want help with. Select which ever one is closest to what you want. You will then get some more choices. You can either carry on drilling down the questions, or click the bit on the right hand site of each screen which says:
Can't find what you're looking for?

If you can't solve your problem on the website, get in touch with our Support Team by asking a Quest...

It's just like sending an email but you can view the progress on the website.

Clicking on there will let you type in a question which will get sent to the correct department for the options you have selected.

Phil
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

How to post a ticket?

Try this linky
Liam
Grafter

How to post a ticket?

Don't worry about raising a ticket. I've changed your profile at this end for you. Simply reboot your equipment and your speed profile should have been lifted.
Community Veteran

How to post a ticket?

@ bobbygeorge

Hi and thanks for your feedback.

We dont wish to make help and support difficult. We want to make it as easy for you to find the information you need via our website so that your problem can be resolved or your query answered as quickly as possible.In the event that you have to raise a ticket, we need to ensure that it is read and actioned by the right person with the correct skills to resolve your issue or answer you query.

Different problems involve different processes and require differing skillsets.

The reason we offer the routes through the system are to provide you with all the information you need or so that the correct analyst reads and actions your ticket.

We always value feedback on all aspects of our service and your thoughts and views on the ticket system are welcome.
lingbob
Grafter

How to post a ticket?

@ bobbygeorge

We always value feedback on all aspects of our service and your thoughts and views on the ticket system are welcome.

Although I fully appreciate and understand your response, you didn't really answer the OP's question.

Expanding on the OP's question, some of us have been around here for a long time and, through time and experience, we have learnt that certain questions can never be answered by the Help Assistant. In these cases, a simple "Ask a question" button on the first page would alleviate the need to jump through unnecessary hoops.
Liam
Grafter

How to post a ticket?

Your feedback has been taken onboard and the discussion has been kicked off internally as to how we can improve the Help Assistant and make it easier for customers to get the help they need. Including by contacting us.
N/A

How to post a ticket?

Thanks for the info and links.

Liam: thank you for changing my settings. Everything looks fine now Cheesy

As for the general discussion, I appreciate that having an obvious link on the help page will likely lead to lots of trivial problems being raised that could probably be fixed by the user. However, maybe a sticky on the forum describing tickets might be useful.

Anyway I'm going to bookmark this thread for future reference.

Cheers
gswindale
Grafter

How to post a ticket?

I'd agree that having a "Ask a question" on the front page of the portal could cause all sorts of FAQ to come through to Support due to the inability of people to read through the help available properly, however it does appear to be a frequent query on the forum, so maybe a sticky detailing how to raise a ticket might be helpful - bearing in mind that most people asking for help here have already browsed the Help & Support part of the site and either haven't found their answer or the "Ask a question".