cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate?

southerncomfort
Grafter

How to migrate?

I understand that the best way to 'migrate' to a new isp without loss of service is to obtain a MAC (Migration Authorisation Code) from existing isp. Any idea the best way to get one from Plusnet as they do not answer their Helpline number? Should we raise a ticket?
5 REPLIES
N/A

How to migrate?

Yes, you need to raise a ticket.
As far as I know, you cannot get a MAC over the phone. If that is the case, they would have simply asked that you raise a ticket.
Who you moving to and why? (just out of interest)
Also there is almost certainly going to be some downtime, how much depends mostly on your new supplier.
N/A

How to migrate?

Yes you have to raise a ticket. Choose the cancellation option and as you go through the wizard there's a link to click if you're migrating. When someone responds it'll be with a MAC code.
___oDiN__
Grafter

How to migrate?

you shouldnt have any downtime (2 hrs max worst case)
just raise a ticket give it to your new isp and they should inform you of a date
N/A

How to migrate?

Well technically you may get downtime if you've been put on LLU and the ISP you've moving to is on MaxDSL (or whatever it's called - such techy names!). But I admit it's unlikely.
southerncomfort
Grafter

How to migrate?

Thanks for the advice all, I'll do it the ticket way then when we're ready. We have just ceased using Plusnet's mail server, it's just too unreliable for business mail.