cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to leave plusnet - clarification

N/A

If i were to request my mac key tommorow, the day before the direct debit secheduled to be carried out, would i have to pay additional fees? or just the final month (next)

im on Premier 2mb, monthly contract.

thnx inadvance for any clarification given, from both customer and employee
5 REPLIES
N/A

The monthly account requires 30 day notice so if you request your Mac tomorrow they should only take one more payment - the following days Direct Debit from what you say.

However if you leave within a year:

"Actioned : As you are wishing to leave within the first year, there is a one of charge of £14.99 (BT's fee for migrating you in). After a year the fee would have been waived. " (from my ticket)

Cheers, Phil.
N/A

Re: How to leave plusnet - clarification

Hi,
If i were to request my mac key tommorow, the day before the direct debit secheduled to be carried out, would i have to pay additional fees?

I think you also have to tell PlusNet you are giving the 30 days notice at the same time. I seem to remember someone else mentioning that a MAC key request is not the same as giving notice.

Fred,

Burnt-out bulb Smiley
N/A

Hi,
Fred is correct, requesting a MAC is not the same as giving notice, you can request a MAC and not use it. After 30 days it expires and no change is made to your account.
I don't know if the facility to give your 30 days notice AND request your MAC exists, but it would be the only way to guarentee your termination date.

I also don't know that if you request termination then your account will be downgraded to Dialup PAYG so that you can still use your e-mail address and webspace (providing you log in to the account once every 30 days).
Wheelie
Grafter

Sorry darkskye. I think you will find you are incorrect about the 30 days notice as it starts the day you request a Mac key as long as you are on a monthly contract if you are still on an annual contract you have a problem. You are correct that it is only valid for 30 days and if its not used then the ISP continues to bill you as normal.

BTW are supposed to inform the losing ISP when the migration happens I believe the ISP's get a report daily from BTW but they don't always get everyone thats has been migrated due to the fact this is a manual process and not an automated one.

That is why people still come on here and complain that they are still being billed even after they have moved to there new ISP due to Plusnet not knowing the migration has happened.

So my advice to anyone who is migrating out make sure the day you start with your new ISP come back to the portal and raise a ticket informing Plusnet your migration is complete. Also if you think you are entitled to a partial refund of any fees paid once the 30 days notice period is over you can ask for that to be returned at the same time.
Community Veteran

As darkskye said;

When requesting your MAC you must also make in very clear on the ticket that you are giving your 30 notice. Don’t leave it to an assumption, that you are also giving notice.

Chilly