cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get out ?

N/A

How to get out ?

This is the first broadband provider i've been with but after just 5 months i can't stand anymore. What's the easiest way to get out of here only all this mac code stuff is new to me.

Once i get a mac code from Plusnet can i go and sign up with someone else straight away ? will my new provider be able to change me over instantly once i provide them my mac code ?

Also this is what i'm currently on..

PlusNet Broadband Premier - Up to 2Mb (Monthly Contract, Activation and Modem Offer)

I assume i will have to pay Plusnet for the activation and modem costs ?

Sorry if all this has been answered and posted before, i'm just absolutely fuming and need to get out of here asap. Evil
9 REPLIES
Wheelie
Grafter

How to get out ?

To apply for your MAC Key just go to Contact Us click on New Query > Account Changes - Upgrade, Downgrade, Cancellations & Moving House > Cancel/Migrate my account > My account is an ADSL account > • I wish to MIGRATE out to another ISP then follow the links on that page.

You have to give 30 days notice and yes you will be asked to repay any deferred monies owed to Plusnet, you can use the key as soon as you get it with whatever new ISP you want to go to {it does take a few days to migrate you to a new ISP though some have had it done in 2 days} and as long as you don't mind losing a few quid you could migrate out as soon as you like.
N/A

How to get out ?

Thanks Ace, raised a ticket and after 2 - 3 tickets back and forth i got my mac key.

It's the 15gb limit on external newsgroups that they are trying to bring in that did it for me, pretty poor when the service is already capped anyway. Kinda of like a cap within a cap :lol: no thanks, i'm afraid Plusnet can stick their ' visions' where the sun doesn't shine.
Wheelie
Grafter

How to get out ?

NP

The 15gb limit is on there own Usenet servers not external Usenet servers well not yet anyway, but Plusnet will be moving there own servers to Silver and external ones will remain on Bronze so will still be slow during peek times for most people. Sad
Wheelie
Grafter

How to get out ?

Sorry mrrippy I see what you are saying just read the sticky Plusnets "VISION" for 2006.
Services such as Usenet are also increasing exponentially and some customers have been unhappy with service levels. We are in the process of building in a 15GB allowance of traffic across Usenet internally and externally which will be at a higher priority level than currently. This solution fits the vast majority of customers and their usage patterns (those who use a few GB here and there but want it quickly), and also ensures that the Usenet platform remains a viable and useable system.

If this is correct then I will be joining you as I use an external Usenet provider Cry
N/A

How to get out ?

Ok lets assume i head off over to Zen's site and sign up now with my mac key, will i still be able to use Plusnet whilst Zen sorts out the change over. Obviously i'd like a seamless change over and i couldn't bear to be without a connection as i'm a disabled guy pretty much stuck in the house 24/7 and use the net a lot.
N/A

How to get out ?

Yes, you will still be able to use your Plus Net account right up to the point of migration. Any downtime is likely to be minutes rather than hours.
AndyBot
Dabbler

How to get out ?

Concur,
Anyone with a MAC & looking for a new home have a look at www.telecomplus.org.uk/andybot
On offer the best Customer Service and value for money utilities as rated by WHICH magazine, The Telegraph, The Independent and Daily Mail consistently over the last 2 -3 years.
They also offer UK's best value CHEAP gas, electric, voice and x-net mobile calls (without added VoIP H/W costs) and annual cash back of £20 - £50 EVERY YEAR on top of cheaper costs.

My own tale of woe & disillusionment:
In answer to a ticket response pasted below ...

Poor customer service and "Sharp" weasle words from a Customer Rep on telephone to a friend referred into you.

Also I declined to renew essexink.co.uk when you offered and "My Websites" states "Your hosting for domain, www.essexink.co.uk is set to expire on 2004-06-12" so you appear to owe me 5 x months at £1.00 as this domain is not locatable so you certainly have changed tags and DNS entries for it.

You WERE great, the bar has been raised - your attitude and performance HAS NOT.

Main reason: Referred a friend who applied for ADSL PAYG 4 weeks ago when "FREE" connection and USB modem on offer on your website. There APPEARED to be no OBVIOUS weasle words in the small print at that time.
Telephone Rep CLAIMED delay in activation and no communication DESPITE username being allocated was because all credit card details had not "gone through" during original sign-up and to re-submit.
Referree has since been hit with the current £11.75 charge and other costs and notified that termination of activation request would incur a £14.99 feeHuh

You get one new customer who I have advised to bail out ASAP under your guarantee if they are the least unhappy to the best Customer Service rated ISP who is also cheaper.
You loose me and all future and pending referrals that will be directed to the provider I will migrate to when I don not have to pay you extra.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Ticket: 17884342 Actioned

Raised: 2005-10-24 18:24:47 by: You Via: Portal
2005-10-24
19:05:11
[PN Representative name removed]
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr Botwright,
1) Please supply a breakdown for my monthly ADSL Home Lite 2Mb charge of £15.99, is this £14.99 ADSL subs + £1 pcm for domain hosting?
Yes, this is the correct breakdown of your billing (plus any extra data transfer charges).
2) Which domain is attracting the £1 pcm supplement?
essexink.co.uk
3) IF MAC code is requested now, what penalties / charges will
be incurred (if any)
You would need to pay the remainder of the first twelve months' subscriptions up to February 2006.
4) Will any charges in #3 apply if MAC requested on or after 02/03/2006?
By this time you will have completed the first twelve months.
5) Presumably PlusNet "default" domain of botwright.plus.com IS NOT transferable to a new ISP as are .co.uk and .gb.net domains?
No, this is not a domain name that can be hosted elsewhere.
6) Is it possible to downgrade account to analogue dial-up following completion of an ADSL MAC?
This is possible.
May we ask why you are considering requesting a MAC key?

Regards,
[PN Rep name removed]
Wheelie
Grafter

How to get out ?

i couldn't bear to be without a connection as i'm a disabled guy pretty much stuck in the house 24/7 and use the net a lot.

I know that feeling all to well Sad
N/A

How to get out ?

Downtime should indeed be almost non-existent, but bear in mind that BT don't exactly have a good record of doing things at the right time, so the switch-over may not occur when you expect.

E.g., if your new ISP send you an e-mail saying that it's scheduled for some time between 8 am and 10 am on the 29th, and seven hours earlier at 1 am your connection suddenly drops and won't reconnect using your PlusNet details, it's a pretty safe bet that BT have switched it over early - try your new ISP's log-on details and you should be back on straight away.