Did you mean: 

How to get Bittorrent fast?

N/A

It 's quite slow, even slower than other download method
50 REPLIES
N/A

Yes. Bittorrent can be slow. There are a number of factors. There has been a lot written about it. Even though +net say there is not a problem there end, a lot of people are suffering the same problem. You will also get people telling you, it is your fault your end, no matter what, and those who think, bacause you are using torrents it must be dodgy. People will also say it is BTwholesale.

Just read the forums.
N/A

Plusnet must bee playing with there new toy today Evil Torrents are very slow AGAIN :twisted: :twisted:
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Are you on a Broadband Plus account? If so you will see slow speeds on P2P apps like BitTorrent as the Broadband Plus account hasn't been designed for lots of P2P usage.
N/A

I do not know what is going on 50Kbs max today. 3 months left before end on contract. Before any do gooders get their claws in. I am not a big downloader. Just want what I paid for
N/A

You are lucky to get 50kb all i get is 8kb/12kb Cry Cry
michaelscott
Grafter

In my opinion, you all need to source better quality torrents. I've had no trouble maxing out my connection, even since the introduction of the traffic shaping.

If you want the ultimate download speeds, use Usenet.
N/A

I would use USENET if I knew how......Any tips and hints.Whats the best client to use thats freeish...
michaelscott
Grafter

worm
Grafter

I don't get fast BitTorrent speeds, but I'm on Plus so that's what I paid for

I'm not complaining - if I want something big I can usually find a direct download that doesn't require a Torrent, but it's handy for some things.

Everything else is very fast - as required
N/A

My torrents are usually very slow -- I think I once downloaded at 20kp/s which is pretty pathetic... but people upload from me at that speed and above all the time. It annoys the hell out of me - why bother getting 2mb/s if you can't get above a certain speed.

The only time I get a decent speed is when I'm downloading from websites, and I don't exactly download a lot from websites because there is nothing much to download that I would find useful. And 2mb/s for surfing the net is pointless, and anyway, web pages can sometimes take an age to load up for no apparent reason. I thought B.B. would be ace, but it actually sucks.
N/A

I would use USENET if I knew how......Any tips and hints.Whats the best client to use thats freeish...

Hi there.

I've been using Forte Agent for years. It's easy, fast, cheap and reliable, can be used on a 30 day trial and deals with yEnc compressed binaries seamlessly.

If you're looking to download binaries then +net's service isn't really too useful, meaning lots of posts are incomplete or are pushed off the limited server space and become irretrievable very soon after they're posted. If you want masses of binaries which remain available for weeks after posting, go for a dedicated news server. I've had good, cheap service from Supernews.

www.forteinc.com

www.supernews.com
N/A

Hi,

Are you on a Broadband Plus account? If so you will see slow speeds on P2P apps like BitTorrent as the Broadband Plus account hasn't been designed for lots of P2P usage.

I opened a ticket at 6:42AM, got a reply at 7:20 telling me it could because I'm a heavy user, but that's pretty weird because I've always had these slow speeds of around 20kb/s, anything higher doesn't really last.

(I did ask if I was on the wrong profile, didn't get a reply specifically to that).

And to finish it off, 44gb is a high usage amount, because I'm been told that O.o

Ticket No: 17286821
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

When we first identified that there were some customers with incorrect profiles I sent the network guys a sample list of customers who were reporting slow P2P on the forums and they checked all the profile data out to ensure they were correct (we also checked those that raised tickets, called in as well as a random selection) and your username was on that list. So I can be pretty confident that everything is OK on our side for your account.

44GB is certainly higher than the mean figure of about 7GB.
N/A

I know what you mean by that it's considerably higher than 7gb, but I think the guy was trying to imply that I could of had it shaped alot more.

I like to play games though ^_^ 44gb will probably be what I always use around