cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancle subscription? **POOR SPEEDS**

N/A

Hi all,

I wonder if you could lend a hand and tell me if it is possible to cancle my plus.net broadband account via the user panel?

It's very simple why I am leaving this service (Since only being a member for a few days) due to all the poor speed posts and also myself getting the same speeds.

I feel cheated when signing up, 8mb? Yeh right...

I get 5kbps a sec during peak, I have done all tests and nothing is wrong with my line or my exchange.

Do I have to pay a fee to cancle?

Many thanks

Gary
17 REPLIES
N/A

Yes you can

yes you can cancel online but atm it will cost you £72 i think you will find but they are soon going to be dropping the charges cause they believe they provide such a good service that no one will want to leave, Well if things dont improve drastically i will be one of the 1st ones to leave once the charges have been dropped and im sure many more will too.
swatty
Grafter

My understanding was that the charges will only be dropped once you have been with PN for 12 months, if you leave in the first year you will have to pay

Simon
N/A

Wow £72!?

I feel totally ripped off, I bet that drop on the charges does not drop till there services improve...

Really fed up, my connection keeps dropping within the last 1 or so, my router disconnects (D-Link DSL-G624T) every 15minutes!.

Oh before you support guys tell me to use the USB modem, it does the same on that to.

Gary
N/A

My understanding was that the charges will only be dropped once you have been with PN for 12 months, if you leave in the first year you will have to pay

Simon

Lol it makes no sense to have a monthly contract and a anual contract option...

Either way, you have your hands tied up behind your back while they point and laugh...

Gary
N/A

sorry

Sorry yes you are right you will still need to pay if you leave before your 1st year is up Sad so you better get used to your "8meg reduced to dialup" speeds that pn seem to have us all on.
thePhoolish
Grafter

Gary, Maybe you should use the link below.. I know I've been tempted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/contact_computers.shtml
Firejack
Grafter

Really worries me the way people are so quick complain and start linking to Ofcom or Watchdog to make a complaint instead of actually trying to solve the problem!

Your Internet connection is a complex product and it will go wrong from time to time. This happens to everyone.

Ok enough whining please. Lets try and find out the cause!

The problem garyl2k is describing (frequent disconnects) sounds like a problem with the physical connection quality of his line not a problem Plus.nets end.

First garyl2k you need to run the the line tests to find out what the problem is. Yes I know this is a pain in the backside to do and takes up valuable time. But there is no way the people at Plus.net can start to help you unless you complete the tests.
Goto the Help & Support section and under My Broadband Connection perform the Self Test then raise the fault.

Posting your line stats would also be good. Not familiar with your particular model of Router but try and find the line stats and post them in this thread for someone to help.

In terms of speed you should visit http://www.speedtester.bt.com/ and run the test there and once again post the results.
N/A

Hi mate,

I can understand where you are coming from, but lets get this straight, I have been with many broadband company's.

I work has an IT engineer and part of my job is fixing the company's broadband so I have a pretty good experience with problem solving.

The line test was the first thing I did, I did it twice and got an all clear.

I tried the test that you have linked and the site was so slow that it timed out and told me it could be an issue with my ISP if the problem carrys on...

Regarding the disconnections, I doubt its my router, though I got a feeling that its something to do with uTorrent a P2P software.

I turned that off and I have not had any problems with the line disconnecting.

I even did research and checked to see who had best performance with service at adsl guide and shock horror it seems there data is out of DATE...

I have had no problems with my DSL within my area till using Plus.net and by the comments coming from the rest of the people here it sounds like many others are having issues too.

Gary
thePhoolish
Grafter

Really worries me the way people are so quick complain and start linking to Ofcom or Watchdog to make a complaint instead of actually trying to solve the problem!

I'm refering to the fact that he's only joined and yet they want to charge him £72 to leave.I can understand a charge if a full service was delivered, but given his case I think it's wrong.

And yes I know you'll reply and say he hasn't tried to find the fault... well look around you, plenty of people myself included have had poor connections for ages, I'm sick to death of logging speedtester results for the past month.
N/A

I had the same problems,disconnecting 3 or 4 times a day VERY SLOW speeds,so i left went to Zen now ALL my PROBLEMS have gone NO DISCONNETING AND NO SLOW SPEEDS.So maybe the previous member could explain that!

p.s sorry you guys are still suffering this service(and yes i paid to get out-and it was well worth it!)
shellsong
Grafter

Unfortunately I gather Zen are in a downward spiral at the moment also-- perhaps you've not been sucked into the vortex yet!
N/A

hey Firejack, you like your reply !!??

So quick to point out all the ins an outs of broadband, when you know jack. Sorry dude, we all learn at some point I know, I know. Sorry, don't mean to be horrible, but you're post did make me laugh the way you dived in there being all assuring and (trying to be) technical!

We're pretty much all having problems here on Plusnet and it sucks.

They don't give a toot about us, I had problems with my FTP transfers (both ways) for 3 months, nothing done.

Problems with easynews for last 4-5months. NOTHING done.

Problems with torrents - NOTHING done.

Problems with getting drivers from MOBO sites, eg ABIT. aaargh, nightmare. Plus nets answer: well the site must be slow. Ok, so its just coincidence that everytime I immediately connect up to the other servers I look after remotely, they can connect fine (and we are talking Tiscali, Orange and AOL networks god help us).

Problems with the usage policy limits - where the hell did they get the 12gig limit figure from? Talk about spring it out of no-where on our unspuspecting selves. Oh, well we did get that lovely email last year about how network management will come into force, but hey everything should be cool because its only going to control the people who take the link:censored right? - (over 150gigs per month as a ball park figure)

How we were fed a bunch of BS. I get a whopping 1.1kb/s on easynews during the day (oh, you bet ur link:censored its off peak too), and I haven't even touched my giga usage.

I support about 30+ customers remotely, and use 12gigs up in about a week if I'm careful (with updates, graphics etc..) I don't want to take the link:censored and download tons of gigs a month, but we're being crippled, oh and ripped off!!

For the rest of us, I really think we should just jump. Anyone know of an ISP with a bit of respect for its customers and technical ability that at least surpasses the plus net monkeys?

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Attempts to bypass the swear filter removed : Please read the link:rules
N/A

A polite note to ask you guys to cool it - a couple of comments on here are verging on unacceptable.

Do not go further down the road towards personal attacks, as this helps nobody with their issues, and is a clear breach of the link:rules
N/A

A polite note to ask you guys to cool it - a couple of comments on here are verging on unacceptable.

Do not go further down the road towards personal attacks, as this helps nobody with their issues, and is a clear breach of the <a href=http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35201>Forum Rules</a href>

Bingo!! All you can do is go on and on about courtesy, when the real issue is you. Yes you PN, are you going to actually fix things or just continue to rip us off, and get so offended by a bit of human emotion which is pretty much justified when you are plainly sitting there doing nothing to help.