cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Downgrade my account?

N/A

I am currently on unmetered dialup for £9.99/month and hope to soon sign up with another ISP for broadband and then downgrade my account to PAYG dialup. As you would expect with Pnet, there is not an option to do this - only to upgrade! I thought I would ask here the best way to do this when the time comes rather than raise a ticket since 1: it may not be answered for weeks and 2: they may go and do the downgrade and I am not ready to do it yet.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Are you currently on broadband as I'm not sure by your product description. If so, do this at the time you request your MAC to move to your new ISP by stating in the ticket you want the account to be downgraded to a dialup account once.

If your product is a PAYGO dialup (56k modem) then again request your accunt is downgraded tp PAYGO dialup when you cancel your account.
N/A

Thank you for your reply, but I regret I do not follow your terminolgy.

I am on dialup at £9.99/month that is dialup with a 56k modem. Not broadband, as I do not yet have broadband. How do I downgrade to PAYG dialup and keep my username as it is?

I wish to keep my Pnet email address to use as receive only, also my webspace as it is currently utilsed. That is why I want to be downgraded to 0845 PAYG dialup.
JonathanW
Grafter

All you have to do is raise a question via the help assistant, asking that your account be downgraded to the free dialup account.
N/A

Thank you for your reply Jon,

As I have the attention of the comms team, I thought I should add that for around 2 weeks now I have to mostly make 3+ attempts to connect. It gets stuck at verifying usename and passwowrd stage. While I am still with Pnet, could this be fixed please?

I wonder if it coincides with the intro of the 0808 number for the poor souls on BB that is broke? Perhaps the good Lord Pnet has given some of my 0808 capacity away to the BB users for their backup, if so please return it or refund my last £9.99!!
JonathanW
Grafter

Shouldn't be anything to do with the recent introduction of the free backup number for people with ADSL faults. As if it was some of the capacity being taken away you'd see engaged tones rather than it getting as far as varifying username and password.

Would be worth trying the regular 0845 number to see if that suffers from a similar problem or not. If it does, then I'd suggest checking your modem out, if it doesn't then raise a question through the help assistant.