cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much will it cost me to migrate?

aeroalfie
Grafter

I am on broadband plus I’m about 1 month into a 12 month contract, when I signed up I got the free connection kit as well, if I decide to leave within the 14 days after the new T&C come in how much money will it cost me ?

thanks
5 REPLIES
N/A

you need to pay a get out payment as you entered a 1 years contract with them.....why ow why didnt you go with the monthly one which is exactly the same?Huh
Alecto
Grafter

The way it's written is that if you don't want the new terms and conditions, you get out of the 12 month contract, but have to repay the connection charge and any equipment you got for free.
This is fair enough since Pn had to pay for them in the first place.
N/A

This is a contentious issue, +Net would have you believe that you would need to reimburse them for the cost they incurred to activate your line however several people have spoken to thier local C.A.B (Citizens Advice Bureau) which have advised that this is not the case and +N have no right to levy this cost onto the end user as they have altered the T&C (Terms and Conditions) of the contract.

My advice would be to contact your local C.A.B and perhaps even obtain a 'free' legal opinion in regards to the costs.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed. Please don't use all of a preceding post as a quote.
aeroalfie
Grafter

“why ow why didnt you go with the monthly one which is exactly the same?? “

Thinking the same thing myself now paul Cry
N/A

Right now, it doesn't matter if you are on a 1 month or 12 month contract. The changes to the T&Cs mean PlusNet will not hold you to the full 12 month term.

It does not however remove any obligations to repay defered costs, lik the migration inbound, hardware or activation charges.

These can exist even on the 1 month contracts.