cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much to upgrade from a nonexistent account?

N/A

Hi All

With the differing levels of SUP and usenet limits depending on the account a person is on I decided to see what account I was on....... to that end I went to "account details/view details" and posted what I found along with a query to CS via a "contact us Ticket" shown below.

2005-11-23
10:50:07
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Wizard NOT followed]
[Other Query]
--
[Additional Information]
Hi

I you don't mind I would like to confirm what account I am currently on as the account details still show me as being on " ADSL Home 1Mb - Router Starter Pack (No activation fee, Deferred hardware cost)"
Am I in actual fact on a "up to 4MB" at £29.99 per month account?

Thanking you

almost 24hrs later a CS representative apparently went to "account details/view details" read the same thing I did,and wrote back

2005-11-24
16:51:45
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr ******,
Your account type is currently: ADSL Home 1Mb - Router Starter Pack (No activation fee, Deferred hardware cost).

If you wish to change accounts you may do this through the member centre at http://portal.plus.net.

Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

So I am still really non the wiser as I understood that the "ADSL Home 1Mb - Router Starter Pack (No activation fee, Deferred hardware cost)."account no longer excisted.

Do I actually have to physically go and upgrade from one £29.99 account to another with the "up to 4MB" title ( at what cost?).Or irrespective of what the CS representative wrote back can I safely assume that I am in actual fact on an "up to 4MB" account even though "Account Details" says I am on a perhaps nonexistent account.
9 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

As far as Premier/ADSL Home accounts are concerned the easiest way to interpret this is with the price.

At £21.99 the account is up to 2Mbps, at £29.99 it's up to 4Mbps and £39.99 up to 8Mbps and the SUP levels that apply to each.
N/A

At £21.99 the account is up to 2Mbps, at £29.99 it's up to 4Mbps and £39.99 up to 8Mbps and the SUP levels that apply to each.

Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply....... so am I correct in assuming that what is indicated in my "account details" really does not matter?and that the slightly higher SUP and usenet limits apply or does the automated system go on what is written in my account details.
Saturn
Grafter

Dave

An interesting reply, if not a little strange. I would have thought correcting the problem would have been the best response. :?
N/A

Out of curiosity Sunhouse, what speed are you connecting at? Have you got 1mb as this is all you can get out of your line? Otherwise, wouldn't you be better off changing your account (free I believe) to the 'up to 4mb' so you can get 2 now, and 4 when it arrives?
N/A

Thats what I would have thought it seems a little confusing for the account details to be still showing what I originally signed up for that many years ago, even though all the accounts have now changed beyond recognition from that one :-)
N/A

Out of curiosity Sunhouse, what speed are you connecting at?

I am connecting at 2Meg
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Part of the problem is that we have something like 10,000 different account types in our database.

Every single variation, annual/monthly contract, included activation/paid activation, no modem/USB/included USB/single port router/wireless router/etc., speed, contention, vISP, etc. represents a different product type.

It's far from a simple task to update each and every account type. Therefore it's simpler just to think of the accounts in terms of the monthly cost - £21.99, £29.99 and £39.99 and the exceptions to these (such as the Easystart accounts and Home Surf).

So where something mentions Broadband Premier up to 4Mbps, it will include the equivalant legacy accounts like ADSL Home 1Mbps which are at the same price point.
N/A

So where something mentions Broadband Premier up to 4Mbps, it will include the equivalant legacy accounts like ADSL Home 1Mbps which are at the same price point.

OK thanks Dave...... I can live with that :-)
MysteryFCM
Grafter

It's far from a simple task to update each and every account type.

Tis easy if you're familiar with putting together extended SQL "UPDATE" strings Wink :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Note: This response is intended to be taken with a hint of humour. It is not intended, and should not be construed, as an insult to PlusNet, or PlusNet customers