cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many persons on the fault team???

N/A

i wish i had a stable connection - day 15 or so now and waiting for bt to arrive (not heard anything yet) my connection rarely stays up for a few minutes in the evenings and mornings its disgraceful and i for one will not ask you to calm down as i know how you feel times 10 Sad
34 REPLIES
N/A

I have tickets open than were supposedly sent to the fault team 2 days ago and I am still waiting...How many on the faults team ONEHuhHuh This is beyond a joke....Router syncing at 8128 down and 448 up since upgrade and PN Stable rate page 7000...Speeds I have been getting are between 1mb and 2.5mb... Before MAXDSL upgrade, BT page said I was looking at between 6.5mb and 8mb... SO WHERE IS ITHuh??
Oh forgot to mention I am on day 14
N/A

try being a bit more patient, if you read the other LARGER posts here, you will see you are not alone, its not plusnet, its bt sitting on a pile of delta reports for customers, just try and calm down a bit lol
N/A

Not likely....I am paying for a service I am not receiving... I live in a rural village with around 12,000 occupants of which a majority are pensioners...So no doubt they do not have ADSL(No disrespect to pensioners intended) So lets say around 2000 at most have internet..PN Support keep fobbing me off between themselves..Oh we will send it to Huh and then the next reply oh we will have to send it toHuh? And so the domino chain continues. If it was going to be more than 10 days(13days tops) as said by PN then why have we not been informed any whereHuh
Oh and no doubt I have been part of those post and may of even started one.
N/A

Come on now Antrobus6 as one Stokie to another, this is my 27 day of waiting and I kid you not, so carm down a bit (lol) I've been onto the Zen Internet forum and things are just the same as PN. This is a national problem mainly of BT's making and it won't get solved in a few day that's for sure. PN problems are made worse but there new phone system + their forthcoming move to new offices. Things will get sorted out - eventually!!!
JJ
Grafter

Antrobus6

You say your PN stable rate is 7000 this suggests your account has been set to something other than 2000 so that’s a start.

You are probably aware of this but just in case you are not:-

BT have not upgraded their backhaul from the exchange so ‘contention’ on MaxDSL is far more obvious.

Expect speeds to be 1-3.5Mb at peak times and 3-6.5Mb at other times.

Personally I have had the whole range at peak times 500k to 6.5Mb. Unfortunately this is how it will be for all of us on 100% BT exchanges.

Until BT do something about the backhaul capacity expect things to get worse and that’s for all ISP’s not just PN. Those fortunate enough to be on LLU enabled exchanges might be better off until such time as their backhaul is overloaded.

Oh and the rural exchanges are even worse because the return link has a much lower capacity, obviously because there are less people (as you said) who are likely to use the internet.

JohnH
N/A

The 2.5mb was at off peak....I have been getting anything from .4mb to 1mb at peak
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We are trying to work through the faults as quickly as possibly but it is slow going as most fault questions aren't actual faults.

DSLMax is designed to operate on the limits but it is very much an "up to" design. BT said many times that speeds at peak times in particularly would be no faster than they were with a Home 2000 connection.

In fact with the backhaul not being upgraded as part of the Max rollout if any exchange was close to the VP limits before it probably won't take many customers on Max to max out so to speak the VP's. A lot of the smaller exchanges use sub-tending to bigger exchanges and don't have as much backhaul capacity as other exchanges so this is likely what's causing it.

If your speeds are within BT's guidelines then there's very little we can do about it. You can check

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges

to see if there are any known problems but chances are your speeds would be considered normal by BT Wholesale.
N/A

Mind you, considering that everyone is waiting for MaxDSL.... should we be like glad we got 2mb adsl instead of having nothing at all? :/
N/A

609 kilo bits per second (Kbps) so would you call that speed normalHuh??I am not even getting 2mb speeds, This was done 5 mins ago...The exchange where I live
Results for exchange: Alsager
Congestion
Congestion status on this exchange is GREEN.

Your telephone line is on an un-congested exchange.

Major Service Outages
There are no Major Service Outages on your line at this present time

Before Max i was getting the full 2mb
N/A

ABOVE post, good point indeed!!
N/A

Hi,

We are trying to work through the faults as quickly as possibly but it is slow going as most fault questions aren't actual faults.

DSLMax is designed to operate on the limits but it is very much an "up to" design. BT said many times that speeds at peak times in particularly would be no faster than they were with a Home 2000 connection.

In fact with the backhaul not being upgraded as part of the Max rollout if any exchange was close to the VP limits before it probably won't take many customers on Max to max out so to speak the VP's. A lot of the smaller exchanges use sub-tending to bigger exchanges and don't have as much backhaul capacity as other exchanges so this is likely what's causing it.

If your speeds are within BT's guidelines then there's very little we can do about it. You can check

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges

to see if there are any known problems but chances are your speeds would be considered normal by BT Wholesale.

So can you answer as to why I am not even gettin as you said yourself dave... BT said many times that speeds at peak times in particularly would be no faster than they were with a Home 2000 connection.Because I certainly have never had speeds this slow before Max
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

609 kilo bits per second (Kbps) so would you call that speed normalHuh??I am not even getting 2mb speeds, This was done 5 mins ago...

That depends on what the speeds are the rest of the time, if you get similar results between midnight and 7am then I would say it's not normal, but if you get more than 2Mbps then under BT's definitions of what constitutes a speed problem then unfortunately it would be classed as normal.

The normal speed results for an up to 8Mbps service fall in the range 400kbps to 7150kbps. Outside of peak I would expect a faster speed than peak times and if you get 2-2.5Mbps then BT would consider this to be normal.
N/A

So Dave, Can you answer to why my router reports 8128 down and 448 up (has done since day 1)and PN Stable page says 7000 and the most I have received off peak of course is 2900 and that was a one off .....
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

So can you answer as to why I am not even gettin as you said yourself dave... BT said many times that speeds at peak times in particularly would be no faster than they were with a Home 2000 connection.Because I certainly have never had speeds this slow before Max

The definition applies to Home 2000 in general rather than what you specifically saw with Home 2000. If you were on 2000 today you may well be seeing the speeds you are now because as I've said above the backhaul links from your exchange won't have been upgraded so the advent of Max may mean it just takes a few people using their connections to bring the average speed down.

For example, let's say you had 1,000 people on 2Mbps in your area and the backhaul is 40Mbps. Because most traffic is bursty, that 40Mbps is rarely all used up because of the type of traffic. Even if 5 people are maxing out there's still 30Mbps to spare for everyone else.

Now start upgrading people to Max and say that those 5 heavy users all get upgraded, suddenly their bandwidth requirements have gone from 10Mbps between them to about 35Mbps. 5Mbps isn't enough for the remaining customers to see full speeds so everyone starts to see slower speeds because the backhaul isn't there to give them 7Mbps, and probably isn't there to give them 2Mbps because some of the lighter users now need a bit more than the 2Mbps they had before.

As I saw, it's a made up example but it does illustrate what can happen with Max. Max is an up to 8Mbps product and BT have decided that normal speeds operate between 400 and 7150kbps. If it's permantly slow or under these figures then it can be raised, but if it's just slower at peak and within that band there's not an awful lot they we can do about it.