cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How low can Plusnet go V1.1?

N/A

Sorry to mess you all about, it seems that when someone calls you a LIAR they lock YOUR thread.

Thread Locked.

If you wish to continue disscussion of your problem in a calm and reasoned manner feel free to start another thread.

However it would appear that the arguing is not going to cease in this thread and going to continue to be brought back in.

Then having silenced you "moderators" continue to make posts to the "LOCKED" thread. I think this is grossly unfair giving you the last word in my thread.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49354&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

This seems a daft way to run a forum, surely it makes more sense to delete the offending text.

I am new to these forums so forgive me but when someone calls me a LIAR I should at least be allowed to respond or their defamation should be removed.

Then at least we could keep on topic. So now users have to be messed around jumping between threads.

Oh and what is the difference between a "forum moderator" and a "moderating administrator"?
19 REPLIES
N/A

mouse1, I know that you are in a very emotional time. But I think that whats happening here is people are giving and reading information differently.

From your op I understood that the second line had line rental from BT and internet from Plusnet.

Then I understood that your mum asked BT to change that line into her name from your dads, is this correct?

Right, then Liam said that BT had informed Plusnet that they (BT) had ceased the line on the 29th september.

You are now telling us that the phone line works.

So here is what I think happened.
BT got a call asking if the line could be changed from being in MR AB's name to being in Mrs AB's name. BT say yep not a problem. x Days after the call BT cease the line and reprovide the line rental but with the new ownership.
Now as the line had to be ceased beforehand it means that BT will remove the broadband marker from the line. BT then notified Plusnet of this.
But BT would not have disclosed the reason ( due to confidentiality ). Plusnet then on this day were none the wiser.
They then read the ticket on the 29th or so and took that as 30 days notice from that date.

So you should have 1 more payment coming out before its called quits.

So I stand by my original thought that in this instance everything has gone according to the way it normally would.

Regards,

The facts of the matter were laid out in my original post.

I accepted that BT was the main cause of the problem, HOWEVER, we are not Robots.

I have explained the situation to Plusnet who have responded on my previous thread and to me to say that despite knowing the details they are still going to charge me till November.

"crane" said on the last thread "Come on PN have a heart"

I do not want their sympathy I just think they are being unfair by dragging this on. They should either reconnect the service until the last day of service or credit me.
N/A

Reading this must be a bit confusing so here is the original post:

Following the death of my Father BT decided to terminate our second line after we requested a name of the BT account be changed to my Mothers name.

The first we heard about this was Plusnet ceasing the line on 29th September with not so much as an email, yet they carried on taking the Direct Debit. You would think they would send me an email or write to me but no - NOTHING.

I rang BT and got put through to some call centre in India, the woman was very aggressive saying it was our fault - all we asked for was a name change.

I asked Plusnet if they could move the ADSL to our other line but they wanted £47+VAT. I realised this is BT's charge but with my Fathers death we really can't afford to waste £11 a month on renting a second line for internet when it is not needed. I also did not want to start a new 12 month contract that takes no account of my history with Plusnet.

Neither Plusnet nor BT communicated the ending of this service it was just cut off. I am sure that Plusnet are in breach of their own terms and conditions by not giving me notice of them ceasing the service.

My Mum is a pensioner and I was loathe to drag this out as I know it will worry and upset her. I was very angry with both BT & Plusnet and even though we will have to wait until November for Internet I decided neither company deserved my business and moved our home phone to another provider.

I think Plusnet are being really unfair, it was they who ceased service on the 29th September, but they want to charge me up to 06/11/2006. They started the notice today and are already charging me for a service that they are NOT providing.

I will be reporting them to the direct debit people for abuse of the facility. Also to the regulatory bodies that cover this service.

This is what they sent me:

Dear Mrs xxxx

We are sorry that you want to leave. Please note:

- Your account is scheduled to cancel on: 06/11/06 in line with the 30 days notice requirement.

We take your feedback very seriously, and would be grateful if you could help us to improve our

service by completing an online survey at:

http://www.plus.net/go.html/yourfeedbackmatters

Completing this survey will provide you with an opportunity to feedback on your experience with us. It will also be used to help us improve our service in the future.

Regards,
MD

I can't imagine what they want me to say in that survey.

I can't believe how despicable they are being, it is very upsetting.
N/A

mouse1,

As mentioned in the previous thread ( in which I posted during the locking of the thread ), I have read your originating post and what you and Liam have posted since.

I am more than convinced that the scenario I have written is the most likely.
There is nothing further I can add to this and although I can understand your feelings and emotions right now I do not think you would benefit from me adding anything more to the subject. It is apparent to me that you wish to not see the probable side and cause of events but only how you see it.

I do hope that things are cleared up for you and that you get this matter sorted soon.

Regards,
N/A

Re: How low can Plusnet go V1.1?

I have to say I don't think the OP is being completely honest.

Well thanks for the defamation of my character.

Please tell me which bit you think I am lying about and I will gladly send you details.

You can check the register at the crematorium for my late father.

When I said I don't think you are being completely honest I'm not saying you are a liar (although you may be) but you are being extremely disingenuous and ignoring the only fact that matters about your apparent complaint:

The account holder at your address changed and BT legally have to start a new contract. I believe BT would have informed you of this (under contract law) and if they did not then your complaint is with them. Not Plusnet nor anyone else here that you are ranting at.

It's that simple. And I think you knew that when you posted.
Community Veteran

Guys, can you please stop arguing with each other?
N/A

I do believe the ancient art of arguing is the whole point of a forum.

As long as there's no nastiness I can't see a problem. You may have to get a bulk closure tool for this place if you want to stop arguments.

[edit to fix my terrible spelling]

[Moderator's note by James (sallyandjames): Removed full quote of preceding post as per the link:rules]
shellsong
Grafter

Surely the problem lies in the way BT handle the lines and broadband connections they are responsible for managing?

I would say mouse1's mother is reasonable to expect that BT should be capable of switching the account name of the phone line from that of her late husband to her own without adding grief by changing details and physical connections associated with that line unless specifically requested to do so

If BT consider themselves unable to do this simple thing without causing drastic changes to the way in which things were managed on that connection they should have informed the lady clearly that this was the case

I don't think PlusNet can be blamed in this instance except that they are in a good position to argue the facts of the matter with BT because of the cackhanded way in which BT's modus operandi has caused their customer's broadband connection to be lost

When it comes down to it BT should be required to pay for their own stupidity-- if that happened a bit more often maybe they would learn to think about the effects of their actions on customers!
N/A

In hindsight if it was only a change in name then this can be done online. If you use the BT onine account management tool then name and bank details can be modified.

More details on BT online account management can be found here

Getting back to the OP problem PN can charge for services until the account holder cancel it irrespective whether the account holder is able to use that service or not. If the OP feel that he should not have been charged then it's easy to take it to the small claim court and get a legal judgement on it.
shellsong
Grafter

...and while I'm on about the stupidity of BT's processes PlusNet can stop preening themselves because they are capable of precisely the same lunacy!

WHY can you not change your PlusNet account name with the minimum of hassle?

WHY can you not transfer your account to someone else with the same phone number with a simple bit of form filling and no cease and reprovide?
shellsong
Grafter

In hindsight if it was only a change in name then this can be done online. If you use the BT onine account management tool then name and bank details can be modified.

More details on BT online account management can be found here

If this is the case can you explain why BT would have chosen to do things this way-- it ought to have been clear to a moron what was really necessary?

Does the reasoning fall into your understanding as a BT employee or are the departments concerned somewhat beyond your experience?

(By the way, I just checked out that link and didn't find any references to changing account names in fact I wasn't even able to run the demo for some reason and no message to say I hadn't got something vital to its running installed)
N/A

shellsong, I wonder if your last post was intentionally aimed at pchambers in that manner or if there was a slight mis type in the process.
Im just asking as it does come across as a little err snooty to me lol.
Community Veteran

Trouble is PN weren't providing the service because BT had ceased it.

As far as I see it PN should be charging for the reactivation of the service.

However as BT messed it up they should be covering the cost of the reactivation - either by giving to free to PN or refunding the OP once the activation is complete.

As far as I see it the problem here is between the OP and BT or PN and BTw not between the OP and PN.

Having said that it wouldn't hurt if someone from PN were to pressure BT a bit on this seeing as BT mucked it up.
shellsong
Grafter

Tom, I am genuinely interested in pchambers views because he is in a position to have insights I don't have
N/A

shellsong,

Fairy nuff I spose. Ill sit this one out and watch. Now play nicely children Wink :lol: