cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long will it take to connect to Plusnet?

Sishere

I moved from Metronet to Plusnet on 25th May but I still can't connect to Plusnet.
I raised a ticket (ID: 21999833) straight away but have now been told that it'll next be looked at on Monday :? because of some BT issue with 'no resolve date'.
I've been very patient so far but Metronet, Plusnet & BT are all part of the same family, so why do I have to go without broadband for an indefinite period when migrating between them? And I've already been billed for the first month :x
Any chance someone could take a look & let me know when I'll get my service started?
Thx
Sharon
18 REPLIES
N/A

I'll poke someone about this as there should never be more than half an hour downtime even if you are switching between completely independent providers. PlusNet shouldn't be billing you until your broadband is activated either.

Are you without broadband altogether (cease and reprovide) or is the changeover just taking longer than you were expecting.
Sishere

Thanks for your reply lestones.
I have no broadband at all.
Was with Metronet and simply want to move to Plusnet 'cos it's cheaper. No other changes - same phone line, premises etc.
Broadband worked fine with Metronet on 24th and, as per Plusnet activation email, I used Plusnet login info from 25th but it's never worked. I'm not a newbie but I triple checked router settings etc anyway. Definitely no probs my end.
Ticket bounced around for a while (supposedly BT hadn't changed login info for my line?) and now it's been returned saying prob. can't be checked/sorted before Monday :x
Seems odd.
MrToast
Grafter

Does it still work with Metronet login info?
Can you connect to BT test user?

Sorry if you already tried all that
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'm sorry about this, I can't add much more about what's gone wrong than what's on the ticket about a BT system error, however I think I've managed to perform enough "jiggery pokery" for your old Metronet username to start working again. Can you give it a try please at that should connect and hopefully the PlusNet username will work from tomorrow.
N/A

If BT haven't changed the line login information then you should still be able to login using the MetroNet username and password.
Sishere

Many thanks to you both.
Broadband up and running Cheesy using old Metronet info.
I did try this a couple of times before but it didn't work.
And I've to use Plusnet username from tomorrow? I've heard that before Wink
Again, help much apppreciated
Sharon
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Fingers crossed that the PlusNet username will work from tomorrow, but if it doesn't I've set the Metronet username so that it will continue to work just in case. The automated systems had disabled it which is why you were unable to use it earlier but I've over-ridden this.
Sishere

Plusnet username working fine this morning.
Cheesy
Will it be possible to reset my billing date to reflect the fact that I had no broadband in my first week?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

If you'd like to check the reply to your ticket that should be sorted for you now.

Let me know if you need any further help, and welcome to PlusNet . Smiley
N/A

sgillon, you're lucky it took PN over 11 (eleven) weeks to connect me!!
hamsandwich
Grafter

If you're very lucky, they won't be able to connect you at all.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

That's hardly the most constructive comment is it, and how does that help the OP?

Aside from the security breach which has understand annoyed yourself, others (and it would also me). They do at times get something right and the support (on here anyway, I rarely need to use it) seems back to a good level it once was.

And anyone who has read my posts knows I am quite quick to criticise when I think they have done wrong Smiley
sophos9
Grafter

If you're very lucky, they won't be able to connect you at all.

Then why are you still here, guess you must just be unlucky hey?
N/A

i switched to plusnet last week and it took just overnight and it was sorted.so guess i was just lucky.least you have it all sorted now.
gary.