cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long until improved phone support

N/A

How long until improved phone support

Hi Mark if your on today,

Basically you may remember from our discussion that I was pretty angry about having to wait 40 minutes to get a trivial answer to a simple (but important) question.

You replied that plusnet was investing heavily in new staff and I think I recall you saying you may be looking to expand the premises or relocate.

So in no uncertain term (ie you talking, rather than your Cust Serv *training* talking), what sort of timescale are we talking about?

Plusnet must be making a fair bob off of the new starter packs. You seem to be one of the hottest ISPs on the adsl forum (you and pipex) so you must be making a bit of money.

My question is then, how long will it take for this money to filter through to reduced phone waiting times.

Now remember, I dont need a customer service answer, just a best effort guess in months or weeks. Dont worry. I'm not the sort of person that will use a guess against you later if it was out but I would like to know whats going on in there and when will plusnet return to the ISP that I'm pleased to recommend to my friends

Kind Regards

Simon
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: How long until improved phone support

Hi there Simon,

I do remember your post and I can confirm that we are recruiting with a view to reducing the current call waiting times and to improve all aspects of the customer service we provide. It should be noted that this is not a short term strategy as we are expanding rapidly - a point re-inforced by the fact that we are moving to new premises in the very near future.

Now, while I can appreciate that you don't want a 'stock' answer, I have to say that there is no such thing here! We always aim to keep you upto date and the information we provide is always given with a view to keeping you in the picture in an open and honest manner.

At the current time, almost without exception I see a new face around the office every week and if not every few days. Our recruitment drive has been ongoing for a while, though you must realise that we cannot simply throw in our new starters at the deep end. When starting work for a quality ISP, there is a lot of information to absorb and it would not be at all beneficial to either our customers, ourselves or our new starters to put them on the 'frontline' immediately with minimal training as I'm sure you will agree.

As per my previous posts on this subject, we are aware that nobody wants to hang on the phone for long periods of time while waiting to speak to a customer/tech support representative and we are always looking for other ways to address this, as well as recruiting as we are currently doing.

The take up of our ADSL offerings has been fantastic, and as you correctly assume, the starter packs have gone down extremely well with our customer base. This is obviously great news and will ensure that we continue to be one of the best performing ISP's but this also means that the demand for support has increased accordingly. We are aware of this, we understand your frustrations and we are taking appropriate action.

I cannot give you a firm eta for when call waiting times are going to be reduced but I am confident that we are doing everything within our power at this time in order to address your concerns. If you were really going to put me on the spot, I would suggest that many of our new starters will be upto speed and taking your calls within a couple of weeks, if not sooner.

Being completely honest, I cannot see an overnight transition on the cards in terms of call waiting times but the point to note is that we are listening to you. If you stretch out your patience just a little further, I'm confident the rewards will be forthcoming.

Best Regards,
Mark.

--
| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+
N/A

Hi Mark,

Sincerest thanks for the time you took to answer my question.

Kind Regards

Simon

N/A

Hi Simon,

Mark is not in today, but I will pass on your comment to him for you.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----