cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to turn Interveaving OFF

sladkart
Grafter

How long does it take for Interleaving to be turned OFF? The modify order was put through at 6:36am yesterday and interveave is still ON but the ticket has been closed. I tried rebooting/resynching the router but no change Sad

********** CSC Agent 5:19pm, Monday 29th May 2006

++INTERNAL++

passing to correct pool to progress interleaving being turned off.
Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

********** CSC Agent 6:36am, Tuesday 30th May 2006

Dear Mr Randall,
Your modify order will complete in 24 hours time.

**internal**

1-C8KKHJ
Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html
Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 6:36am, Tuesday 30th May 2006

The broadband fault has now been closed. Should problems re-occur, please restart the Broadband Fault Checker.
8 REPLIES
Rigga
Grafter

When it is switched off, please let us know the results.

I am thinking of doing the same thing.

Rgds.
R.
sladkart
Grafter

When it is switched off

I think that you ought to say IF Wink
JonathanW
Grafter

rccltd, I've taken a look at this for you, and added an update onto your account on a new question.
sladkart
Grafter

Thanks for the escalation Jonathan.

Dear Mr Randall,
Unfortunately it would appear that there was an issue with BT carrying out the work to turn off interleaving on your line. I have now requested this work be carried out again, under the same order reference, and this will complete tomorrow.

Regards,
Jonathan Whiting

An additional point though - Why was my original ticket closed when the requested action didn't actually go through? Surely a ticket should be kept open until the user (in this case me) confirms that the resolution was to my satisfaction?

Anyway we'll see what happens tomorrow. Shocked
JonathanW
Grafter

Its something that does happen occasionally, if its an internally raised ticket and we close it back to you then the system closes it off fully. Where as if we escalate it to you then it remains open for you to comment on. In this particular case it looks like the agent slected the wrong option.
sladkart
Grafter

Thanks Jon - anyone can make mistakes Wink

My concern was really that getting interleaving turned off was only one part of the now closed ticket (sorry "Question"). My line was unstable and BT had raised the SNR target to 9dB and then, it seems, to 12dB. This appears to fix most of the problems. However, after I removed a few extension leads and moved the router to next to the master socket BT didn't like my line going up and down so much (all due to my rewiring and moving the router) and they turned interleaving on. Hence my request to have it turned off - it wasn't line instability it was me switching things on and off too much Smiley

Anyway, I won't know until interleaving is off if my line is okay as it is or if more investigation is required. I guess I'll have to open a new ticket (sorry "Question") if that is the case.

Thanks
vic_newey
Grafter

I had to request it twice also lol, it took about 15 days from start to finish, 7 days after each request.
It dropped my snr by only 3db , its now 9 or 10db & stable, my pings are around 15
to UK servers which is excellent

Downside is I get more crc errors which I can live with
sladkart
Grafter

Surprise! Interleaving got turned off sometime overnight Cheesy

My ping to portal.plus.net has now dropped from 70-75ms to 19-25ms. Target SNR seems to be 9dB. I'll see how the line stability goes from now on.

So to answer the original question (my own) - interleaving was turned off within 24 hours of BT being notified (well 48hours if you take into account that they ignored/fluffed it at the first attempt).

If you include how long the ticket/question was open for then it was 7 days (excluding the weekend and bank holiday monday).

Right, I'm off to play some games with a decent ping again Smiley Just hope the line stays up Wink