cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get activated after house move?

jivebiker

Hi,
Can anyone advise me how long it normally takes for Plusnet to get Broadband activated after a house move? (My BT voice line works fine)

According to the Plusnet 'Broadband Move Order Tracker' the broadband at my old address was disconnected on 27th of last month. The status of the tracker now shows 'Signup' phase but has not even moved on to 'Checking the line' yet. The status has remained the same for 2 weeks.

I've tried to phone Plusnet and also asked a question via 'Help Assistant' 2 days ago without reply. Any advice appreciated.
5 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

It generally only takes five to seven working days for an order to go through, unless there's any complications from the BT side of things.

Though when this starts from is a little hazy with a house move, as it depends on the information that you provide and the dates of your move.
jivebiker

Thanks Jon for your quick response.

My question to 'Help and Support' has now been answered - A problem was encountered and has been manually dealt with - My broadband should now be activated within 7 working days.

Regards
Redviper
Grafter

Hi

Has yours gone through - Im still waiting for mine to be activated - It was supposed to be activated on the 5th of july but it wasnt because of "No BT Line" even though my phone line was active on the 1st of july.

My status was "checking the line" for ages until i rang to find out why (its then they told me that there was no line) now its saying "Signup" and thats it its been like that for days.

There should have been no problem as I set the PN activation date 5 days (the earliest i could do it for) after my Landline activation date - I followed all the instructtions paid the admin fee - so it should be a smooth hassle free move. it would have been esier to cancell PN and go with someone else wich I am seriously contemplating if PN dont get someone to go the exchange, flick the switch in order for me to use my BB - Infact it would have been esier for me to go the exchange and do it

i have been told thats is going to be another 10 days (by the CS team) before it gets activated - but to be honest its simply not good enough as i have to know rely on Internet access from work :roll:
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I've placed your order manually and updated your query.
Redviper
Grafter

Hi Mand

If you could ensure that my BB is activated A.S.A.P I would be most gratefull

Ste