cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I give Plusnet?

bluejam
Grafter

I'm a bit alarmed at this recent failure of their service. However, I'm aware these things happen and you need to be patient. I have been experiencing a lot of problems, pages take a very long time to load, sometimes they just fail to load altogether, sometimes I get the BT page and I get disconected regulary. All these things have only been happening since Sunday. I have the premier 2mb account.

The problem is, I run a business online and so the reliability of the service needs to be quite good. I am prepared to give them another chance but how much longer does anytone think these problems will persist? I mean, I can wait a week or so but it's just not practical at the moment.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Hi bluejam,

Welcome to the forums.

The recent problems as described by you are a bit of a mystery.

Plus Nets information is that the issues are as a result of BT Major Service Outages or some other BT problem.

The fact that the issues dont appear to be affecting other isp's to the same degree has raised a number of questions elsewhere.

Whatever the cause, some people have found that "hardcoding" the Plus net DNS servers into your router has resolved the issue.

The server addresses are

You can use any or all of these servers.

From my own experience and as a business user, my connection has proved to be reliable. Any downtime I have experienced has always been due to BT issues.

Until the cause of the recent issues is identified we can say no more.

I would strongly recommend giving them a bit of time. They will and I am sure are working towards a resolution and i have no doubt that this will come quickly.

Hang in there. It will get sorted.
bluejam
Grafter

Whatever the cause, some people have found that "hardcoding" the Plus net DNS servers into your router has resolved the issue.

The server addresses are

Could you possibly explain what this means? How do I do that?
N/A

Hi,

Can you give me an idea of what hardware you use to connect to the internet?

Are you using a modem or a router?
bluejam
Grafter

I just use a standard ADSL USB modem given to me by Freeserve a few years ago.
N/A

Hi Bluejam,

Not sure of the make and model of your modem, but generally somwhere in the config / set up section of the modem control panel there may be an option to set up your dns servers as opposed to automatically assigned.

Have a check through the options for where this is located.