Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to migrate?

N/A

After reading this:

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/telecommunications-services/plusnet-1/reviews/

I am very concerned, especially as I am having problems with my broadband now (VERY, VERY slow ftp and p2p) and have for the last 3 weeks even though my billing date was 5 days ago. I have raised a ticket about 3 weeks ago, but it only improved on the day plus.net did a speed test, then it returned to normal two days later. I am worried that these problems have been going on for quite a while and probably won't improve.

Can someone tell me how long it takes, should I decide to move, and if there are any additional costs. I have the 2meg premier monthly contract.

Thanks.
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

It depends on the ISP you are moving to and the wholesale products they use as to how long it takes, anything from a couple of days to a month can be normal.

There may be cancellation charges, depends whether you migrated in or chose the activation/hardware option. The support team would be able to advise on any specific cost.
N/A

The support team would be able to advise on any specific cost.

Do not mean to be funny. But from my own experiance, the support team come up with different answers each time.
N/A

I have decided to leave now and have requested my MAC number. I have to pay £14.99. Just have to wait now.
N/A

im off to mate, got my mac in under 2 hours<nothing to do with my 1% badge im sure>
N/A

When does the Plusnet contract actually end then - 30 days from MAC request, right? So if the migration takes place within this period, no refund is due?
N/A

They should pay you back any fees paid for service after the 30 day notice period.
N/A

Thanks. Took me about 10 tries refreshing my webpage each time before being able to log into the ticket system.

I will have to pay a £70 deferred setup fee, but the pain of trying to stick it out at dial-up speeds would be worse. Can't wait to get my MAC!