cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get off PlusNet ??

N/A

I initiated my migration from Plusnet and was given a MAC code on the 28th November which I passed to Zen.

Zen (via BT) couldn't migrate me (3 attempts) because thewre was still a tag on the line. Only way around it was to request a "cease" on 22/12/2006 (resulting in a £47 connection fee to Zen) to get the the tag removed.
It's still there. Haven't had broadband since the middle of December following the first migration attempt.....
Plusnet told me last week that it would be complete by today.

Is this a record ?

PS, if anyone's in the same boat, Bolton (01204) exchange Tiscali's LLU
11 REPLIES
N/A

Plusnet are now telling me that the cease has been "frozen" by Tiscali. What the .... ?Huh
James
Grafter

It suggests that there's been a problem with Tiscali/Openreach completing your cease. Will look into this.
N/A

Thanks James ... but I just got this:
"Dear Mr Crompton,
I have now looked at this cease and found that the order had some errors in submition I have now ammeded the problems and the cease should complete on 19/01/07. I will now hold this ticket until that date. We are very sorry for this delay and we will endevour to make sure that this cease is completed asap."

That's another week then .....
James
Grafter

I'm afraid so.

I can only apologise for the hassle caused.
N/A

Translation please James

James, If you're on duty this morning and you have a minute, would you translate this latest update to my ticket?

"We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 20947310 ] has now been returned to the BOT - ADSL Cease Requests pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible."

An identical update was posted to this ticket 17 days ago after a failed attempt to cease my service.

Cheers 'n' Beers
James
Grafter

Hi there,

Basically that means that your ticket has been "on hold" and has now been released from this state for someone in the Provisioning Team to pick up your issue.
N/A

Thanks James.
Does that mean that there is a greater or lesser chance of the "cease" being completed today ?
James
Grafter

The ticket will have been put on hold for the expected completion of the cease.

I'll try and have a look into it for you now.
James
Grafter

We're just awaiting "cease order completion". To me this suggests that nothing is untoward as this should be the final stage of the order.
N/A

Thank-you, James

Ever thoughyt of reviweing the " standard messages that get posted to tickets to make them more meaningful to customers? (That's rhetorical, btw)

Cheers 'n' Beers
James
Grafter

The matter is in hand.

MArk Kelly was talking to me about doing this just yesterday. Will need an internal project to do so - there are LOTS.

But in the same hand, we do get a lot of tickets returned to us, saying "What does this mean?" so it can only be a good thing to get these sorted.