cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for a refund?

monkeyboy
Dabbler

Back in April last year, yes, 2006, long time ago, I started the house move process with Plusnet. Paid the £52 odd. The order was never sent by plusnet, therefore my housemove did not go smoothly, so rough infact it never happened and plusnet was cancelled. I asked for a refund of the £52, and said that was fine, asked for the refund to be paid back to the same card it was taken from. And so started the support ticket tennis with CSA.

Has the refund been made, Plusnet: "yes", does it show up, no!

No refund has been made, and it's now gone 9 months.

Lastet note from Plusnet CSA:

Service notice | ID: SN37129643 Closed
Your comment 10:04am, Monday 11th December 2006

Dear Mr x

This is a Service Notice to confirm that your refund of £52.88 has now been credited to your credit/debit card. No further action on your part is required. Thank you.

That was over a month ago, and nothing has shown up on bank statments yet.

Simple question - how long does it take for plus net to actually refund people?
6 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hiya,

Happy to chase this with accounts. Can you confirm that the card details you have on your portal are uptodate?
monkeyboy
Dabbler

No, they are not up to date. I would like the refund made to the card it was taken from and not the card on account.
James
Grafter

I suspect that is why the refund will have failed then as it will have used the details on the account.

Could you possibly amend your details on the portal with the appropriate ones so that I can have your refund reissued?
monkeyboy
Dabbler

Throughout every single one of my support tickets, I have asked for the refund to be paid back onto the card it was taken off.

The card that paid for the house move fee was a friends, she will not allow me to enter it to my payments section, which is why I rang up to pay the fee as a one off, and why I would like the refund paid back to her.

Thanks for your efforts, hopefully this can be resolved.

The card details for the Maestro card (for the refund) are contained in my past tickets.
James
Grafter

Thanks for this.

I've asked Accounts to look into this for you. If we need any further information, I'll let you know.
James
Grafter

Looks like the refund was made to the card in the name of R.S. which was a Switch Card. If these details are incorrect, please add to your ticket and I'll ensure that it gets looked into as a matter or urgency.