Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How hard can it be?

JonnyF
Grafter

How hard can it be?

Hi,

Raised a ticket to have my SNR taget set back to the default of 6db (for some reason BT set it to 12db after some work in the exchange)

I'm still waiting!!

Ticket bouncing from me to +, me to +, + to BT, BT to +, + to me, me to +

I mean how hard can it be to press a couple of buttons on a database?

Anyone else ever had a similar issue? Thank goodness my line isnt out of service, or there isnt any serious / complicated issue to contend with.

Good work again lads,

Jon.
10 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

How hard can it be?

Hi there,

Reading through the ticket and the fault report it seems that BT did not fully understand our request, and then incorrectly actioned it. After speaking with BT yesterday they have now actioned the changes, although this can take upto 3 days to be reflected in your connection stats.

Please let me know if this is not the case in a couple of days, and we will escalate this.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, I can understand that the fault process is sometimes frustrating but hopefully it's now sorted.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

How hard can it be?

this seems to a standard problem - getting BT to understand that it isn't a fault just a request to drop the noise margin
JonnyF
Grafter

How hard can it be?

Cheers for the reply,

Its just increadible that BT struggle to understand the simplest of requests!! They even sent an engineer to my house at one point... which was pointless to say the least!

By the way, I'm not getting email notification (or SMS for that matter) on my tickets anymore....

Cheers,

Jon.
JonnyF
Grafter

How hard can it be?

mandbeckett,

Still not been changed!!

Do you want me to wait a bit longer, or will you escalate this again?!

Cheers,

Jon.
boavon
Grafter

How hard can it be?

Jon
You clearly know about such matters. Your advice/ opinion would be welcome on this. My router ADSL status reports the following:-

Operation Data Upstream Downstream
Noise Margin 24 dB 11 dB
Attenuation 8 dB 8 dB

Is this the same thing that you are having problems with? Should I be worried about this? Experiencing slow speeds at the moment.
Thanks
JonnyF
Grafter

How hard can it be?

What is your router actually syncing at.. i.e. somthing like 8128/448 or 6000/448 etc.

I don't really know that much, but the stats you mention look ok to me otherwise...

Check your "high speed broadband" settings on the connection settings page also.

Jon
JonnyF
Grafter

How hard can it be?

Would you believe it, after only a couple of months BT have finally done the business!

My SNR has been reset, and I'm syncing at 8128 on my router.

Please can you adjust my target to 8000 on your system too please, it would be nice not to have to wait for that to automatically adjust itself!

Cheers,

Jon.
Mand
Grafter

How hard can it be?

Hi there,

You're now on an 8000 profile from our perspective, however you will still be limited by your IP profile.

What does the BT Speedtest say your profile is set to?
JonnyF
Grafter

How hard can it be?

Cheers mandbeckett,

Heres my profile from the BT Speedtest...

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 6347 kbps

How do I get the IP Profile to increase then!!?

Cheers,

Jon.
chrisc
Grafter

How hard can it be?

TBH the speeds that you are getting are about the best that you will get -

Have a look at This Page which shows maximum throughput speeds depending on sync speeeds.

I think a lot of people on these forums, me included, would like to see those figures Wink