cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How far has PN reached in upgrading members to max dsl?

nxt201
Dabbler

Hi, I joined PN on Summer 2005 and I was wondering how far has PN reached in upgrading members to max dsl (8mb) so far pls? ie, has any members joined in 2004/2003/2002/etc... have been upgraded yet pls?
7 REPLIES
N/A

plenty of people have been upgraded just no firm numbers available i'm afraid, not that i know of anyway.
N/A

I think Peter V got hold of some figures through the usergroup and posted them somewhere. Could be in the forum somewhere, or could over at usergroup. I'm pretty sure the numbers are about somewhere though. I recall he included calculations on completion time for the entire userbase, based on the speed of progress thus far.

/Me off searching for the answer - unless someone gets there first.
(Help Peter... are you there?)
N/A

James wins!
Clicky here to get to Peters post.
nxt201
Dabbler

ok many thx James, looks like 2007 for me Sad
N/A

I've thought I read somewhere around these forums recently that PN are talking about September or October to upgrade everyone.

Edit: Thought I'd read it somewhere.... link which of course doesn't add up if PN are only allowed to submit 5000 orders per week
JonathanW
Grafter

We can place 5000 per week at the moment, though moving forwards we're expecting that BT will allow us to place more orders each week.

We've done 35000, as already mentioned, and anyone who's had their line activated since Max was rolled nationwide has been placed onto a Max connection, so moving forwards the number of un-Maxed customers will only go down. Similarly, we've also had a few customers opting out of the Max upgrades, for whatever reason, so it also reduces the total number of customers still to be upgraded.

Both of those factors are behind us giving an estimate of September or so to have everyone done. Though as with any large project that involves BT there could be some delays.
N/A

Though as with any large project that involves BT there could be some delays.

Or +net for that matter