cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you know if MaxDSL has been implemented?

Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

I raised a ticket about 2 weeks ago asking for MaxDSL, but I don't know whether anything has been done about it, or whether it is in training mode etc. Are you sent an email about it or what?
17 REPLIES
N/A

I raised a ticket several months ago, so good luck if it has been done that quickly.
pacem
Grafter

You'll know:

You'll find yourself posting stupid questions about line drops and noise on the line.

You'll see your own posts that whinge about a2Mb connection when your line syncs at 3.

You'll openly slate BT when you can't squeeze an extra 1/2Mb out of your sync rate even though it's already better than everyone else's on the forum.

You'll catch yourself raising a ticket which you know wont change anything, and then you'll post flames about PlusNet support.

Enjoy you Max when it arrives.

:-)

Paul.<><
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

In that case, if MaxDSL functions properly, I'll buy a lottery ticket as well.
shellsong
Grafter

In our case when we came back off holiday 17 days ago we found our router was synching at 8128Kbps down and 448Kbps up-- we hadn't queue jumped so I assume they took pity on our longevity! Wink We have not received any official notification but this seems to be standard PlusNet lack of procedure Tongue
Laugh
Grafter

In our case when we came back off holiday 17 days ago we found our router was synching at 8128Kbps down and 448Kbps up-- we hadn't queue jumped so I assume they took pity on our longevity! Wink We have not received any official notification but this seems to be standard PlusNet lack of procedure Tongue

Me too ! :lol:

The good thing is that I have not suffered from Line Drops or had any real problems at all. I didn't get an e-mail so I raised a ticket asking if I had been maxed (Ticket duly marked as NOT URGENT - JUST A QUESTION - NO RUSH). Response within 2 days saying that I had been maxed.

Thanks PN. It's great! Happy punter here!

Oh! did I say "didn't get an e-mail". Maybe it was sent but........
Community Veteran

did I say "didn't get an e-mail". Maybe it was sent but........

Has anyone had an email telling they've been maxed?
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
N/A

The only e mail I get (when they finally come through) are one's of new services (when the old one's can't be sorted) and My monthly Bill. tried to queue jump about 4 times now and still no luck!!
salts
Grafter

My connection was also maxed, sometime back, had no problems with drop outs or connection speeds (just the usual contention issues). This is BT MaxDSL not LLU though.

No email notification, I also don't get email notification to updates to tickets either, so I assumed it got lost in transit...
N/A

I am a new customer.

Line is syncing at 3.2Mb down, 448k up

Download rates are a shade over 2Mb. So I'm going to assume i'm maxxed already.
Community Veteran

So I'm going to assume i'm maxxed already.

Yes you are.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

I am a new customer.

Also, because I am on a brand new line, I'm going to assume also that I am part of the 10 day "training" period on my line - which is why I dont get 3Mb download speeds yet...

But so far, so good. Very happy with the equipment I have mind you.

Bought a Netgear DG834GT in the end.
Misterel

I am a new customer.

Also, because I am on a brand new line, I'm going to assume also that I am part of the 10 day "training" period on my line - which is why I dont get 3Mb download speeds yet...

Just because you are syncing at that speed doesn't mean you are likely to get speeds anywhere near it.... I've been syncing at 8Mb since i was maxed about two months ago (well, 6.5 since some thunderstorms knocked my rate down last week) - I've never seen download speeds higher than 2.5 (and that speed only rarely).

Good luck after the "training period"
lingbob
Grafter

tried to queue jump about 4 times now and still no luck!!

If it's of any consolation, PlusNet have stated that MaxDSL upgrades are currently on-hold.
N/A

I am a new customer.

Just because you are syncing at that speed doesn't mean you are likely to get speeds anywhere near it.... I've been syncing at 8Mb since i was maxed about two months ago (well, 6.5 since some thunderstorms knocked my rate down last week) - I've never seen download speeds higher than 2.5 (and that speed only rarely).

Good luck after the "training period"

Well, it's faster than my old 2Mb that I had in my old home. That would download at 230kbps max.

I have hit 260 on the new line... so I think there's more to come...