cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you escalate a problem?

N/A

I have a service problem and am not satisfied with the response which so far has been lamentable.

How do I escalate the issue to a higher level?
11 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Looking at your ticket, it's currently with the faults guys waiting for the results of the automated tests, it looks like at least one was unable to be completed so it needs manually doing. As soon as they can they'll reply.

Regarding escalating the query, then details are available in our code of practice, but I'd suggest giving the faults guys chance to try and found out what's wrong.
N/A

Thank you for your reply - however my complaint is that they are not replying promptly and then ignoring my response, which all indicates a slaphappy and careless approach.
Issuing a formulaic response with a wrong link, then ignoring the fact that the speedtest isn't working and I believe I'm not the only one to discover that.
The reason I have not moved to other suppliers apparently offering an adequate service at lower cost than plus net is that I thought I would get a good level of support. I've had more sense from Mumbai for TalKTalk than I'm getting now.
I'm really fed up, I just would like some to respond to what is said rather than waste my valuable time with inappropriate responses.
N/A

I'm really fed up, I just would like some to respond to what is said rather than waste my valuable time with inappropriate responses.

So was I.

I found the solution is to leave. I'm happier already just in anticipation of being switched to my new ISP any day.
N/A

I'm reaching that conclusion - but basically it's the balance between fear of the new and frustration with PlusNet
N/A

how long do you have to give them to fix a fault i am still waiting since 22/12/06
N/A

Well after 4 years it looks like I'm going for a new supplier - I have the impression there are a few good people left like Dave Tomlinson in a dysfunctional and uncaring organisation that has lost sight of the basic business rule that keeping existing customers is cheaper than getting new ones.
Was a time I'd always say how good they are, now I'm writing an article for my web site about how poor. It only serves 3/4 million pages a month but I think a few people might be warned off.
48 hours for a reply is not acceptable from the service droids
N/A

Just an update - no progress on the speed issues, no replies at all for days and now I'm waiting for my MAC Key so I can git gone.

Interesting test of my new supplier, rang their customer srvice number just after 6pm and it was answered within 1 minute by a friendly helpful person who didn't seem to be working from a decision tree script. How refreshing.
James
Grafter

Yup, your speed issue is extremely likely to be related to the Tiscali Exchange issues that we've been seeing. They've been rather slow getting back to us, but we have a conference call with them this afternoon.
N/A

No offence James, but if somebody had responded to me via the help centre telling me you were aware of a problem with Tiscali and were resolving it, I would have remained with plus net.
I suppose the LLU thing is why the BT speedtest doesn't work?
I didn't take the decision easily, could be frying pan into fire and so forth. Plus I'll be paying more tham I am now so the issue is just communications. I stated I had a problem and failed to initiate a meaningful dialogue for days.
James
Grafter

That's a fair point, and it's a shame that this wasn't picked up on. It may also be partly down to the fact that our Admin system isn't showing you as being on Tiscali.

ut yes, that's why the speedtester didn't work.
N/A

Yep, it is a shame. Hopefully someone will be taken out to the back and shot. (only joking)
I must admit to being surprised no one is bothered when you ask for a MAC key - just tell you the web address. I expected you'd have made some effort to retain me. After all, £250 a year should have been worth 10 minutes of someone's time - even at a 1:5 success ratio. I expect marketing have compared that with the cost per customer acquisition via advertising but doubt they've factored in lost opportunity costs.