cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do referrals work?

Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

How do referrals work?

I've got a mate that I want to refer to PlusNet. He's already decided to sign up, but I'm not sure the best way to get the referral. I remember when signing up, you can put in the username of the person who referred you. Is that an option?
8 REPLIES
N/A

How do referrals work?

One of the last things a new sign up sees on the form is where you enter the name of the referrer. If this is entered during signup then you get the bonus.

Banner adds for websites and the ability to email prospective referrals are also methods you can use.
Bigbrotherjx
Grafter

How do referrals work?

So, would you put in "hongming", or "hongming.plus.com" or what? Can somebody post a screenshot of the page, because I have a feeling he's entering it into the wrong thing.
N/A

How do referrals work?

Just "hongming". It's tricky to get a screenshot really, since you have to sign-up to get there.
Azagoth
Grafter

How do referrals work?

Yeah, just have your mate enter your username into the box! I had a mate sign up last night and all he did was to add "azagoth" into the referer's box.

Just make sure you point out that it's all lowercase letters, just incase!
hitachi
Grafter

How do referrals work?

If your mate get it wrong I believe you can get it added by both raising a ticket.
N/A

How do referrals work?

Yes you can get a ticket raised, so long as it's within 1 week of them signing up I beilieve
Community Veteran

How do referrals work?

The time limit for adding referals is 3 months from the date the new signup occurs.
N/A

How do referrals work?

Thanks Peter, I'll have to remember that, I guessed at it being about 1 week.