cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i know when my 10 day DSLMax upgrade time is up?

N/A

I am currently reseting my modem around 2 or 3 times a day to ensure that my line is upgraded to up to 8mb, as per the plus guidelines. However my issue is this; on my help request for the upgrade the item is closed and it says

"we acknowledge the request and we will try to get this ordered"

....does this mean it has been ordered or should i raise another ticket to ask if has been? The reason its become more than a query is that i have just had to RMA my Linksys modem due to firmware playing up, which could have been caused by over resetting the modem Evil (its probably not but it became faulty yesterday after i reseted my modem yet again).

So could anyone let me know how long it actually took and if i need to do anything else?

(no tips on the modem please, i tried everything - its already gone)
3 REPLIES
kitz
Rising Star

>> we acknowledge the request and we will try to get this ordered"

Could be a while before the actual regrade gets processed. (Not sure how long the current waiting list is - depends on comms afaik).
Once your order has been submitted then its normally 5 working days.

You can often track when BT are going to actually do the regrade by following the instructions here
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/order.htm

As regards to the actual 10 day training period - that starts from the first time you connect on maxdsl after your upgrade.
You will know when the upgrade has gone through from the sync speed shown on your router.
pepsi_max2k
Grafter

I just had a look at that thing myself after requesting the 8Mb upgrade and not noticing anything so far...

Placed         23 Nov 2006

Description CHANGE
Date due 23 Nov 2006
Status Order completed

Items in this order
Description Item Quantity Cost Rental
PROVIDE LLU LINE SHARE PSTN 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0
CEASE BT IPSTREAM MAX 1 £ 0.0 £ 0.0

Hmmm... Well, I'm still syncing at 22xx kbps, so I guess nothing bad happened. But is any of the above a good sign?
pepsi_max2k
Grafter

Just found something that might explain the above:

...as 2006 is coming to a close even orders and regrades on a standard ADSL connection will appear on order checkers as if it was a Local Loop Unbundled (LLU) order...

...people often check the progress of orders and regrades via the telephone line customer portal at www.bt.com, and there is a chance you may see a message mentioning 'LLU LINE SHARE PSTN', this does not mean your line is about to become unbundled, but is simply reflecting that telephone line and ADSL orders all go through the same systems which makes them look like an unbundled service.

from http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2891

hopefully i'll get a proper dslmax upgrade soon then...