cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I opt out of the e-mails from PlusNet's Shop?

N/A

The Subject says it all, really.

And since I am still in a moaning/groaning about PlusNet mode, what I really don't like about those e-mails:

1. there is no unsubscribe address link, just a link to T's and C's which doesn't seem to help.

2. they appear to come from "Customer Support" , a small but essential part of f the organisation that I would like to receive more (and more timely) communication from, rather than from "the PlusNet Shop" , who I never want to hear from again.

perhaps I have to raise a ticket to get this to happen?

Ray
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran

N/A

Ahh, I was looking for that link, I knew it was hidden away somewhere.
It would be better if it was more clearly accessible from the Member Centre IMHO. Unless it is and I'm being daft.
Community Veteran

it is point 18.5 in the T&Cs!
N/A

Yes, as I said, hidden away somewhere Wink
N/A

it is in the T&Cs

http://www.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions

Thanks, Ray

Perhaps we need this as a "sticky"?
Community Veteran

yes i agree its very hidden, but i've looked it up that often for people that I know where abouts it is!
N/A

Heh, yeh, I think I manage to opt out only after reading one of your previous posts (well, someone on the forums anyway).
Having the info clearly put in the Account details or Email Settings section of the portal may be handy though. Ideally the opt-out link should also be included at the bottom of every single e-mail that is sent to those who have not opted out.
JonathanW
Grafter

As I've mentioned in another thread regarding this, I've passed some feedback through internally to see if we can improve emails like this as we move forwards.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Why do you have to go through T&C's to find this. I was looking for it the other day and went to My Account, Account Details - I looked at every option in there and couldn't find it. It should be under Edit Details.

No don't be silly PN want to make it as difficult as possible to opt out of the spa... err, information emails.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Well, whatever marketin..erm.. oversight caused this, there's two threads here suggesting it be approved which Jon has jumped in on and said he'll pass the requests on. So let's see what happens as we..erm.. move forwards Wink
N/A

Re: How do I opt out of the e-mails from PlusNet's Shop?

The Subject says it all, really.

Tell them to stuff it. It's as simple as that.

They won't like it but a cross in the correct box does wonders...
Wink
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Why can't we have a simple tick box system somewhere in say "Account details" for example saying what emails we wish to receive. I can think of - Service Status, Shop offers, Announcements, Newsletters etc but I'm sure there are more.
Community Veteran

This comes up everytime that PN send out marketing mail and it never seems to change! I doubt it would take 10mins up write 1 line of html into 1 page on the site linking to the modify mail options page
N/A

Now why do you suppose they only have one option on that page ... I would much rather be able to tick the box marked "notify me before you muck about with configurations and cause me weeks of aggro with a support department that doesn't"

Seriously, I'd like options for :
- Planned service outage notices.
- Unplanned service outage apologies / explanations.
- T&C changes.
- AUP / FUP changes
- Product "refreshes"

That would save me the hassle of having to log into the forums to find out why everyone's so upset all the time ... Wink