cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know....

N/A

How do I know....

I use both Bittorrent AND Usenet. When I check the VMU it shows my useage for peak time and total usage for the month.

Now what I wanna know is with the introduction of the 15Gb (pathetic) Usenet cap how can I see what usage I've used on Usenet downloads?

I don't wanna be in the middle of getting something and then it goes to dial-up speeds!!
14 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

How do I know....

I believe it's been mentioned that a "View My Usenet Usage" tool is in the pipeline for development, but that there is no current lead time for this and it's not at the top of the work stack.

Should be in my opinion.
N/A

How do I know....

Well my preferred method of downloading is with Usenet so you are saying that I can't monitor this?

Thats wrong!

Almost as wrong as people who pay external sources for downloads and then find Plusnet impose a cap on this.Now THAT is very very wrong!

PLusnet should NOT be interfering in a contract between a customer and an external source.
N/A

How do I know....

well plusnet is bollocks, what can you do? Tongue
Community Veteran

How do I know....

djr1502,

Your comments are far from helpful or constructive, please avoid posting unhelpful comments like that in future.

Chris
N/A

How do I know....

Perhaps such comments could help potential customers see the level of feeling among current subscribers.

Maybe it is a USEFUL comment.

Maybe not to PlusNet.
Community Veteran

How do I know....

fairway2005,

I'm not looking for a discussion of the issue, Im interested in keeping threads on topic and useful. Such comments are out of place and unhelpful. There is plenty of opotunity by reading the constructive threads and posts to gague customer perception, both good and bad.

Chris
N/A

How do I know....

Is this a case of wanting the last word?

There is no argument about whether a post is on topic or not. It's blatant and needs no intervention.

As for "shaping" how people make judgements about the qulaity of PluNets service reminds me of the "shaping" done by PlusNet in their traffic management.

My view is that language and law not withstanding, freedom of speech should prevail.

If not, then we can have a "PoliceState" version of these forums?
LiamM
Grafter

How do I know....

There is one thing that this forum suffers from and that is the arrogance of a few that have problems to wish to derail and hijack every thread and take over the forums.

These forums are here for community self-support. Not as a posting ground for airing your discontent with Plusnet.

If you have a problem with them, tell them directly, write to them, phone them, turn up at their office... whatever you like.

We're here to ensure that the forums are an easy to use, helpful area for customers to visit, get questions answered etc...

A lot of the regulars have just had enough with the atmosphere here because a select few, and those with problems, feel that they rule the boards.

I for one, do not find it acceptable. I am all for constructive comment and debate, but comments such as those made within this thread for example step way over the line of what is acceptable.
JonathanW
Grafter

How do I know....

Hi,

Just to add something to Liam's post above, we would ask that people not turn up at the office, for obvious reasons. Any problems you have would best be addressed in writing, either via the link:Contact Us system, or to the address that is available on the website itself.
N/A

How do I know....

There is one thing that this forum suffers from and that is the arrogance of a few that have problems to wish to derail and hijack every thread and take over the forums.

These forums are here for community self-support. Not as a posting ground for airing your discontent with Plusnet.

If you have a problem with them, tell them directly, write to them, phone them, turn up at their office... whatever you like.

We're here to ensure that the forums are an easy to use, helpful area for customers to visit, get questions answered etc...

A lot of the regulars have just had enough with the atmosphere here because a select few, and those with problems, feel that they rule the boards.

I for one, do not find it acceptable. I am all for constructive comment and debate, but comments such as those made within this thread for example step way over the line of what is acceptable.

forum n an assembly or meeting to discuss topics of public concern; a medium for public debate, as a magazine; the marketplace and centre of public affairs in ancient rome.

I think in this instance, the 1st 2 apply and I feel that this is a service not just to exisitng customers but to potential customers.

Fancy telling people to write or use the contact us system to air their concerns about the poor quality of service and the only reply back would be a quote of the newly updated T's&C's but it would serve to shield any potential customer from the true feedings of some of the members and bad publicity.
N/A

How do I know....

jwhiting. It's ok. Just arm your staff with baseball bats and chainsaws. Cheesy

It might work? Shocked lol.
JonathanW
Grafter

How do I know....

jwhiting. It's ok. Just arm your staff with baseball bats and chainsaws. Cheesy

It might work? Shocked lol.

Surely you mean cricket bats and chainsaws, we are English after all Cheesy

Though I think this is moving a little off topic now.

With regards to my suggestion to use the contact us system for problems, this is the best way to get things resolved due to the forums not being an official support medium. By all means, post on the forums as well, but any serious issues should also be taken up via the systems in place.
N/A

How do I know....

Well my preferred method of downloading is with Usenet so you are saying that I can't monitor this?

Thats wrong!

Almost as wrong as people who pay external sources for downloads and then find Plusnet impose a cap on this.Now THAT is very very wrong!

PLusnet should NOT be interfering in a contract between a customer and an external source.

So if you get a contract that allows you to video conference at 24Mbps then plusnet should honour this because it's between you and a third party? They aren't stopping anyone from using Usenet (although they could if they wanted) they are slowing it right down once the cap is reached.

As far as the checker goes you'd pretty soon know that you've hit the 15Gb, it'll start to crawl along. Now if you had a checker to tell you when that was going to happen what difference would it make? It's needed for the usage "caps" because they will permanently cut your service if you go over them regularly, but the newsgroup cap is refreshed every month and doesn't result in any other sanctions.
N/A

How do I know....

"We always welcome your feedback - here's where you can discuss all aspects of the service we provide with the Support Team and other customers."