cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know when the MAX training period is over?

N/A

I've read conflicting things about it being 10 days before it's over, and some people saying it's so stable the training finished on day 3. Question is, how will I know when training is up on my line? Will plusnet tell me?
49 REPLIES
Community Veteran

It will stop constantly dissconecting you and will become stable!
SiMania
Grafter

See I've never had the disconnecting problem, and my router is constantly connected at 8128 Kbps yet I still see no downstream speed increase.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Mine was also constantly connected at 8128. I did manage to force a lower sync and force the 2MB BRAS limit to be lifted. My maximum stable rate is now showing as 6000 - I'm wondering why it's down there. While speed tests come out below 6000, running Binary News Reaper with 16 connections I can average around 650KB.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

How do you force it to sync at a lower rate?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

With great difficulty.

I put a doubler the wrong side of the splitter, put a phone in and left it off the hook. You could also try several extension cables end to end to increase the number of joints in the line before the splitter. The favourite is a dodgy splitter that should have been binned.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

i think you can force maxdsl to sync at a lower speed by reducing the quality of your line, ie. bad filter, dodgy extension and so forth,
having said that i might be talking rubbish

edit : not rubbish, confirmed above, lol
holdtight
Grafter

I cant find a dodgy splitter and ive tried endless extensions still no good

my neighbour is on 2meg with aol running wireless which i installed for him if i connect to his router will that qualify as reducing my synch speed from 8meg to 2

This would work wouldnt it as it is reducing my synch speed on my line ?
Community Veteran

I've got a BT provided face plate and special ADSL extension cable and box so no dodgy splitters for me I'm afraid.
N/A

what if you try plugging your router straight into the wall socket with no filter?, a long shot i know but you may still sync
N/A

my neighbour is on 2meg with aol running wireless which i installed for him if i connect to his router will that qualify as reducing my synch speed from 8meg to 2
This would work wouldn't it as it is reducing my synch speed on my line ?

no bill i don't think this would work as you would be using your neighbours aol connection and line, just accessing it via your pc
holdtight
Grafter

Well i thought as i was connecting to his router but from my line it would but your absolutely right Tony it didnt and ive tried all the ideas put forward here and much more to try and get the BRAS to reset so it seems that im stuck at 2meg for now like many others despite my regrade on the 19th

I have put in a ticket and CS say they cant get BT on the case untill after the ten day settling in period after which i have to submit 4 BT speed tests then i suppose im at the mercy of (when we get round to it) BT

Ho hum never goes smoothly does it

Bill.
N/A

@holdtight

Yes mate, I am in exactly the same position. 4 meg synching, 2 meg speeds - 7 days into maxdsl
Community Veteran

I raised another ticket and was told 10 days as well. This is a bit silly if you ask me, its clear there is a problem and waiting 10 days wont make a difference.
James
Grafter

It might do though. Stewart's posted about this in the "other place".

I quote you!

The reason that we do not immediately uplift the profile is that we do not get a speed report per customer from BT inside the first 10 days so we do not know what throughput a customer is getting. Thus we do not want to get the position where we uplift an account to 8Mb and start to send traffic to a customer who may only be getting throughput at around 4Mb as that would mean traffic is dropped at the exchange over which we have no control. After 10 days we get the report which tells us what a customer is connected at and we adjust the profile on an ongoing and dynamic basis as and when we get a speed change report.