cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I CANCEL my PlusNet order?

N/A

Hello I ordered Broadband Premier Option 1 yesterday, but didn't read these Forums until after I'd ordered - doh!

I Do NOT want broadband linked to a dodgy Tiscali. So I've now decided I want to cancel PlusNet and go for a reliable 2MB BT Broadband account - no nonsense.

My order is as far as "Activating your line - The activation process normally takes between 7 and 10 days until your line is activated. "

PlusNet would not be allowed to trade without something like a 7 days cancellation period, surely?

Does anyone know how I can cancel? I can't find any small print anywhere.
5 REPLIES
N/A

James
Grafter

You're not being provided on Tiscali.

You can opt out of Tiscali LLU by going to http://trials.plus.net

It is not currently possible to cancel the order without paying a cancellation fee. This is owing to our being unable to cancel the order without paying a cancellation fee.
N/A

Rubbish

The transaction is covered by the "Distance selling" regulations
"For services, you have seven working days after the day on which you concluded the agreement with the supplier"

For help see http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/your-rights/fs_c01.shtml#3
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

That might cover the service (ie getting out of a 1 year contract), but that is also covered by PlusNets 45 day guarantee, but don't think it would be applicable to the activation fees, as this is something that is in the process of being supplied.

Phil
N/A

I do not think you are correct

The distance selling regulations allow a seven day cooling off once the contract has been agreed. If plus.net choose to start right away to implement a contract that they have agreed via a distance selling method then that is their risk.