cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i return the modem? And about cancelling fee

N/A

I just read on the website that the 'free' modem which i was suppose to be free will actually cost me £25 when I cancel in 9 months time.

Since I don't use this, and I use a wireless ADSL router modem, how do i return this modem then?

Also I read that my so called monthly contract isn't actually a monthly contract...
I paid £11.99 extra for an activation fee for a monthly contract, because I am only going to be living in this house for 9 months (I am a student). Now I've heard that if I leave before 1 year, i'll have to pay something like £40.

What is this meant to be about?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Under thye distance selling regulations you can only reject the modem after 7 days. I suspect this has now passed so you can't return it, you have to pay for it.

The £40 is the BT activation fee which it appears you selected not to pay for upfront when you signed up. This fee is reduced for every year you remain with PN and only after 5 years do you no longer have to pay it. If you leave within those 5 years you have to pay whatever is outstanding and this payment is clearly stated in the T&C related to the free modem and activation offer - linky.
N/A

What about the monthly activation thing i paid for then?
Community Veteran

That applies to the contract for ADSL which will be monthly. The hardware and activation fee is covered by a separate T&C detailed here