cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about Home SurfPlus (or something similar)

Galaxy
Grafter

OK, so you have Home Surf, at £18,99 and Home at £21.99.

How about a Home SurfPlus, for ~£19.99, which has everything the Home (21.99) service does (e.g 250Mb Webspace, CGI..) with the p2p and Binary Newgroups blocked?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Idea 2305 will help this (with the ability to purchase extra web space) but as for cgi functionality, that's a new one in my eyes. I think the ideay to pay to be able to access the cgi server is a good one.
Community Veteran

Hmm.... maybe call it HomeSurfWeb or something...

Not a bad idea. Tailoring different products to different needs of different people could prove beneficial.

Thomas
Community Veteran

I think it would confuse people further, if you have this, how about one for people who want all but lots of webspace or everything but usenet access for example.

Chris
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

I will suggest this but one problem we have always had is that we overcomplicate our product set and this just confuses people (you have to come and take 50 sales calls to really understand this). Another account in this already crowded area of our business would not be the best thing for us as a support centre.

Regards,
Community Veteran

Hi there,

I will suggest this but one problem we have always had is that we overcomplicate our product set and this just confuses people (you have to
Regards,

See this post which is an idea on how not to confuse people with your products
Community Veteran

John has a point. You could group all of the current 512K accounts together under one product, then just have a table to differentiate between the specific products... so people could easily see which ones had which contention ratio, which amount of webspace, etc.

Thomas
jberry
Grafter

Hi John,

I have been thinking of a reply to that post and I can guarentee that telling people what they don't get is not the best way to stop people being confused - I have to answer sales enquiries as well as do the forums so trust me on this one, a lot of people just don't read through information pages and will assume that anything on there is available with the account.

There is a summary page for wach account where you can see the products features so if you wanted to check if you can have fax-2-email that is where you should look.

We did have, in the past, a "Compare my account" page and I would like to see this back again and once I have had a think about how this would best be done I'll raise it in ideas but I want to think it through as there are a lot of improvements that can be made.

Personally I have my own ideas about a complete redesign of our product set but they are not yet possible due to the way that our product database works Sad

Regards,
N/A

Three columns...

First column is a list of ALL the things you might ever have with an account; bandwidth Dial/512K, 1Mb, 2Mb; Virus Scanning; Firewall; CGI; Web Space 100/250/500Mb...; Fax; etc, etc..

Second column initally empty..

Third column.. a list of ALL the accounts you currently provided..

Click on items in the list in the first column.. that moves the selected items to column 2 AND removes/disables any account in column 3 that doesn't support that feature.

A row across the bottom of all three columns could be used to place info about optional items, like virus scanning..

Clicking on an 'available' account in column three, opens a new window with your selected account details, a list of the optional items you have indicated an interest in AND a further list of any other optional items supported by that account. Option to add/remove optional items.

Job done? Wink
N/A

I've got a feeling the development team will be none too pleased with the taskof coding that Smiley I think it's a good idea, or as it's most basic form, a table, on the left you have the different accounts, along the top you have features. Either a tick or a cross show whether that feature is available. Simple Smiley