cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Migrate to Another ISP - and change speed....

N/A

From the UKOnline website:

You can only migrate a like-for-like service i.e. a 512Kbps ADSL to UK Online Broadband 500 or 2Mb ADSL to UK Online Broadband 2000. Unfortunately you can’t change line-speed at the same time as changing ISP. However, if you are migrating to Broadband 8000 you can do this from a 512Kbps, 1Mb or 2Mb service from another ISP

I'm currently on 512 with Plusnet, so how do I migrate to another ISP and upgrade to 2Mb?
7 REPLIES
N/A

iirc migrate on like for like then ask for a regrade.

That seems to be the way it is accross the board.

Regards

Mark
Community Veteran

You don't. You migrate on the same speed first and then upgrade after.
N/A

Thanks for the replies. I've emailed UKOnline to see how they propose to handle it. I can see some kind of sill admin fees coming my way.....
N/A

Check which ISP has lower admin fee for regrading
N/A

Yeah i went through this, ultimately decided to stick with PN and pay to switch to 1Mb Lite. I have a couple of referrals which brings the whole life cost down a bit.
N/A

Rather fortuitously, I'm on holiday for two weeks at the end of this month, so cancelling and signing up with UKOnline may just be possible with minimum downtime.

How long do PN require for closing an account?
Community Veteran

You have to give 30 days notice for migrations and cancellations. You can migrate within this time if you wish once you get your MAC code. You also have to pay any monthly fees due during the 30 days but you can request a refund for any peiod paid for after the 30 day notice period if you are migrating.