cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many Customers Leave/Join Each Day

N/A

I would like if PlusNet woudl tell us how many customers migrate(leave) and how many join their Broadband services each day Smiley
25 REPLIES
N/A

Those details are likely to be commercially sensitive and as such not for release.

Suffice to say that the number of new customers outways those leaving.
N/A

Suffice to say that the number of new customers outways those leaving.

Is that fact or your personal opinion?
Community Veteran

It's not really an opinion related statement. They either are or they are not. Mark wouldn't post it if it was not true, or if he was not at least 100% confident in his belief that it is true.

Chris
N/A

Must be Personal Opinion because PCSNI is a Moderator.
He will not be able to get this info!
N/A

I think it is fair to assume pcsni is correct - signups outweigh migrations.

However sbryans605 has a valid point. If this is commercially sensitive information not for the eyes of customers, how would pcsni know for a fact as he is a customer moderator and not PN staff?
Community Veteran

According to the Interim report August 2005, during Q2 2005 Plus.Net added about 170 additional Broadband customers a day.

http://portal.plus.net/investors/

Chilly
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

The exact figures themselves aren't something that I can publish. However, it was said earlier today, by Neil, that our monthly churn is 1%. Then take a look at the quaterly figures that were published earlier in the month, where we state that average signups for ADSL is 8000 a month.
N/A

They may publish how many new customers sign up each day - but where are the facts of how many leave each day?
N/A

@chillypenguin
How was my tutorial?
Did you have time to read it yet.
Sorry to go off topic!
N/A

How do you handle receiving all these new customers?
Is that why we have to have low BitTorrent/USENET speeds to allow more people to join?
N/A

It's not really an opinion related statement. They either are or they are not. Mark wouldn't post it if it was not true, or if he was not at least 100% confident in his belief that it is true.

Chris

Thats why I asked. I could say that more people leave than arrive and believe that is true - it is my opinion with out knowing facts, something which if they are private members should not know. but if Mark knows - so should the rest of us - Cheesy
Community Veteran

we state that average signups for ADSL is 8000 a month.

That 258 per day, based on the Interim report growth figure of 170 per day.

Then Plus.Net are losing about 88 customers per day.

Very bad maths, I know but this does put an approximate figure on things.

Chilly
N/A

Thanks Chilly - that is still a lot of people leaving, but for every one that goes two arrive!
N/A

Sorry guys.

I dont have access to any other figures than those in the public domain and as Chilly has pointed out those figures are there and his mathematics are good enough for me.

But actual or specific figures I dont have.

If Neils posts from earlier to day are read and the published figures are examined it is clear that those joining outweigh those leaving by a large chunk.

So as Chris says I am 100% confident in my belief that that is true.