cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long should it take to fix a lost sync error?

N/A

It started on the 23rd December, straight after a BT engineer came to fix the phone line, which was broken before. No adsl and the light on the router keeps on flashing. I know it went right through Christmas and New Year and so I would expect everything to be slower, but I wondered how long it should take for it to be fixed. I've made a couple of telephone calls, and added to a ticket yesterday which hasn't been answered yet (how long does that take, btw?) and I've heard nothing from them.
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

It can sometimes be very difficult to say where a fault lies and therefore how long it takes to fix because of number of different causes. I'd say though that if the problem started immediately after an engineer visit then it would be strange coincidence if they weren't related.

Looking at the fault it is currently in hand with BT and they think they've identified the cause. I don't know at the moment if it's something that can be resolved remotely or will require an (another) engineer visit, but our faults team will update the ticket as soon as they know.
N/A

I had this problem and it took 10 weeks to sort out.
I was also told that they would sort out the financials for the down time after it was back up.
they LIED like a cheep chocolate watch.

SO now I have cancelled my account and moving to NTL.

The thing is I wasnt looking for hundreads of pounds a months rental would have kept me very happy
a whacking £18.50 and I would have been a very happy bunny feeling that I had been fair waiting that long and they had been fair as it was sometimes up and running.
so now they loose my custom and 4 of my family, 5 accounts all for the grand total of £18.50.
I hope they are very happy with there choice of NO

I'm not bitter MUCH
Saturn
Grafter

Yikes, moving to NTL ?

Hope it's worth the loss of £18.50. Judging by the experiences of the people I know you may live to regret that. Let's hope not.
Community Veteran

How ironic. We didn't even get NTL installed before we decided to go with ADSL (later more specifically PN) for very similar reasons....