cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Does Checking Line take?

N/A

My order has been sitting at the Checking Line status for almost a week... Do you know how long this should take normally? I am eager to get back online.
14 REPLIES
chrisc
Grafter

I'm chasing this up with our provisioning team now to have a look for you..
N/A

Thanks very much Chris - that was quick...
I hope I can get my account up and running quickly.
chrisc
Grafter

It looks like there was a problem with the BT ordering system and your order was 'stuck' on checking the line. This has been resolved for you now and the order has been placed manually.

The broadband will be active in 5-7 days. Apologies for the delay.
N/A

Thanks very much, that was fast.
Just wish I had posted sooner - gggrrrhhh - oh well it's in progress now at least.
I'm impressed with the support so far Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Glad to hear it. Smiley

Let us know if you have any further queries, and welcome to the forums!
N/A

i have had quite a few dealing's with PN BB prob's etc in the past and I must say there customer service is second to none, they are very helpful and with these forum's it make's life a lot better with regard's the BB problem's etc... Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Thanks Jules, the fiver's in the post. Cheesy

The provisioning and faults processes are something we are always looking to improve, and James is making great headway at the moment as manager of our provisioning team. The improvements are already being shown in the way of less delays, and more calls being made to customers who do experience problems.

As always, any feedback is appreciated. Smiley
N/A

only a fiver..... Wink
N/A

My order status is still the same today, still showing Checking Line Status. Does it normally take this long? I assume it's in the hands of BT...
Thanks in advance.
chrisc
Grafter

The order has been placed and everything appears to be running smoothly. The broadband is due to go active :17/05/07
N/A

Eek! Another whole week Sad Oh well... But at least everything is moving right along this time... Thanks for the fast response... I'm pining away without my internet... Dialup is just too slow...
N/A

The order status is now at "Activating Your Line" and the activation date is 18th May. The order for the router is still showing as not having been placed though. I assume the hardware does get sent out to arrive at least 1 day prior to the broadband activation date so that you can set up the computer ready?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hi there,

With an activation date of the 18th, I'd expect the order status to have altered by the 16th.

To answer your question, yes we aim to get the router out prior to the activation of the ADSL line (although on the very odd occasion BTw do manage to complete this early!)

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Thanks Bob.
I noticed this morning the line is still showing as awaiting activation and the router order hasn't been placed, but I have my fingers crossed...
It would be nice to be able to get online this weekend...