cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I close my account?

N/A

I wanted to move my account to my new house, and applied on the 20th October. I've had enough of Plus Net not being able to tell me when I am actually going to be connected - blaming BT every time on the numerous times I have phoned up. I've decided to leave.

Can anybody tell me how to cancel my account with them? as all I seem to be able to do on this website is upgrade my account or change my payment details.

Many Thanks,
Chris
20 REPLIES
N/A

Cancel your direct debit?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hi there,

I would strongly advise against cancelling your Direct Debit which in no way constitutes cancellation of your account.

The procedure for cancelling an account is documented here and the link to the Help Assistant is here.

I'll have a quick look at your account to see if I can shed any light on the current situation.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Many Thanks.

Hopefully I will find a better provider.

Chris
GersFans
Grafter

I would strongly advise against cancelling your Direct Debit which in no way constitutes cancellation of your account.

I think we all need to do this, seems the only way to get some action from PN now..
N/A

Will defo get action from PN - I don't think its the sort of action you'd want though....
simonh
Grafter

No, cancelling a direct debit is never the way to go, even if you are 100% in the right. I asked a similar question to the OP's HERE. Hope this helps.
N/A

lol why on earth not ?
What exactly are plusnet going to do to you if you do?
Remember guys WE are the customers , would you pay for a car that had 4 cylinders and only ran on 3 ? I think not.
Saturn
Grafter

Abuse the credit scoring system!
N/A

Abuse the credit scoring system!

As stated in another post they cannot do this.Also none of us have "credit" with PN we all pay in advance .
shellsong
Grafter

Not entirely true-- deferred payment is a form of credit
Saturn
Grafter

Who says you have to have credit to have your credit rating affected? I bet you wouldn't keep your credit rating if you were imprisoned for some criminal offence. If you break a contract do you not run the risk of retribution?
N/A

Who says you have to have credit to have your credit rating affected? I bet you wouldn't keep your credit rating if you were imprisoned for some criminal offence. If you break a contract do you not run the risk of retribution?

Yes of course you do , but for this to affect your credit rating you will have to be successfully sued for the money. If you dont pay within 30 days of the judgement , then you get an adverse credit rating.
Saturn
Grafter

Really
kitz
Rising Star

Yes of course you do , but for this to affect your credit rating you will have to be successfully sued for the money. If you dont pay within 30 days of the judgement , then you get an adverse credit rating.

If you want a CCJ then yes.. there are lots of ways to get a bad credit rating that doesnt involve a CCJ.

Its surprising what comes up on a CBS enquiry throught the likes of Equifax (Where I used to work we had one of their direct terminals - as do most Bank branches and Building Societies).
Bad debts, late finance payments, catalogue payments in arrears, council tax arrears.

You dont have to do the full court thing to get a bad debt listed.

You'd be surprised the number of loans or mortages Ive had to decline because of someone wasnt even aware that they had bad debts listed against them.
Ive even seen a catalogue late payment of £10 trigger a bad score.
Something that was very common in the 90s was people who disputed the community charge and who didnt make payment.
Some customers werent even aware that their name was blacklisted for this many years later... until they came to apply for a loan.