cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move - who do I speak to?

N/A

I've been trying to get in touch with PlusNet re: house move to no avail. Tried to call support on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but hang up after 30 minutes of queing. I also sent them a support question yesterday, 25 hours later still no reply.

Anyway, I have arranged a house move for my BT phone line and they said that since my dls is with PlusNet BT can handle the move themselves (inlcuding DSL), and all that I need to do is give PlusNet BT reconnection reference nuumber. How do I do that since I can't get to talk to anyone?

The automated house move page just gives me error messages when trying to submit the form (dates too close, too early, etc.).

Can anyone help? Who do I call/email?

Cheers,
GB
7 REPLIES
Fixes: 117

Hi

How close are the dates you enter?

IIRC PN require as least 7 days to complete the move. I have moved twice and the only troubles I met each time were with BT and not PN.

HTH.

Cheers

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

BT line disconnect 26/06/06, reconnection at new address 28/06/06.

BT CS said that they will handle the move on behalf of PN for free, I just need to contact PN to advise them the job number.

Should I just fill out the form with different (later) reconnection date?

My current issue with PN is that they seem impossible to contact.

Cheers,
GB
N/A

BT CS said that they will handle the move on behalf of PN for free, I just need to contact PN to advise them the job number.

Are BT saying that they will move the ADSL over for free? If so I be interested to know how PN is going to handle this. If you do not realise PN charge a £5.88 admin fee which is fair enough. But, they also charge another £47 activation fee which you have a choice to pay up front or to defer over 5 years. I have use the forum to query why PN basically charge for another activation fee were the number a user could be moving to could have be ADSL provided already.

Some suggest that it's a cease and reprovide on the new number and that at the cease everything is disconnected. In practice I be surprised if this happen immediately so I believe it's more of a migrate. BTw price list, which is a public domain document do not specifically price this scenerio.
N/A

Thanks for the info.

Yes, BT said that they will handle ADSL move for free, they just gave me a job number to give to PN.

Regards,
GB
N/A

You need in writing from PN that there will be no deferred fees for this house move.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Hi there,

If you have a code from BT, the best course of action would be to raise a question to us with the code to us.

That way our provisioning team can tie the order in with BT's systems.
N/A

Right,

What is going on?

PlusNet customer service is truly pathetic and hopeless - it takes well over 24 hours to get a reply to my emails. Why is your website claiming that the average time it takes for you to reply is only 4 hours?

It's been a week now since I contacted you about moving adsl to new address and I am yet to get an answer on expected reconnection date. WhyHuh?

When is my adsl getting reconnected?

Suddenly BT broadband seems like a really sweet deal...

GB