cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move time frame

N/A

House move time frame

Hi,

I'm moving house next week and have filled in the move your broadband to my new address. However, it says that it will take 7-10 days. Is this a set time frame or could it be speeded up?

The reason why I have requested the move so late was because the estate agent wouldn't release the phone number until the current tenants had left! And I'm moving in next monday.

Regards
8 REPLIES
Plusnet Leader
Plusnet Leader

House move time frame

Unfortunately the process is limited by the amount of time it takes BT to provision the service at the new premises. It normally takes 7 days from placing the order for the broadband to be activated at the new premises.

Bank Holiday Weekend won't help either Sad but the order should complete on the 15th for you.
N/A

House move time frame

Damn, can you supply me with a free dial up account in the meantime ? Cheesy
Plusnet Leader
Plusnet Leader

House move time frame

Unfortunately we can't add a free dial up number on for the housemove. You will still be able to use your current broadband in your existing premises until the 15th so shouldn't really experience any downtime.
N/A

House move time frame

Unfortunately, I will experience downtime because I move on monday evening and won't be coming back to my current premises again.

So in effect, can't you just switch off my broadband at my current address on tuesday 8th and just put a free dial up number for my new address until the broadband has been activated in my new address?
Plusnet Leader
Plusnet Leader

House move time frame

Unfortunately it is not possible to add the free dial up number under these circumstances.

We only have a limited number of FRIACO ports available for the free dial up numbers and these are reserved for customers will broadband faults.

Sorry this isn't possible.
N/A

House move time frame

Shame... OK thanks for your quick replies anyway!
N/A

House move time frame

Will the normal DU number work 0845 1400101?
Mand
Grafter

House move time frame

Hi there,

There is an 0845 dial componenet on all accounts so the 0845 1400101 dialup will work with your existing username and password.