cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move help?

fatdeeman
Grafter

House move help?

I'm trying to initiate a house move but it say's I have to pay either the full or admin fee via a debit or credit card but when i try to add my debit card to my payment details it only lists credit cards under the card type drop down box.

I'm not sure how to get by this as I don't have a credit card, any ideas?
9 REPLIES
fatdeeman
Grafter

House move help?

this is just silly, every link going to that page says update cedit/debit card details yet they do not have debit cards as an option once you try to update.
JonathanW
Grafter

House move help?

Due to the nature of most debit cards we can only take one off payments from them. In this case, I'm afraid the only real option is to phone the support team so that they can add them onto the account for you.
fatdeeman
Grafter

House move help?

but i only wanted to make a one off payment!?
fatdeeman
Grafter

House move help?

and a 10 minute + wait on the helpline at 7:40pm!

I'm not made of money.

I wish i could just pay the fee by direct debit.
fatdeeman
Grafter

House move help?

still waiting, is there even anybody there at this time of day?

I can't believe it's only possible to move house easily if you have a credit card!
fatdeeman
Grafter

House move help?

Still waiting for an answer over an hour later!

This is disgusting, all I want to do is move my broadband, I could have just canceled my account in febuary when I moved but no, I carry on paying every month even though I'm not using the connection at all, and after all this time and all the trouble I've had getting a bt line I can't go any further because despite several mentions to DEBIT cards being accepted I cannot add a debit card and now I've been waiting over an hour to try and give my details to someone over the phone and I'm starting to doubt there is even anyone there.

"† An admin fee of £5.88 is required. Payment by credit card/debit card only."

" Update My Debit/Credit Card Details "

"You are responsible for ensuring that we have valid credit/debit
card details, in order for us to process your payment"
fatdeeman
Grafter

House move help?

Well after 1 hour and 49 minutes ( ! ) I finally got through and gave the guy my card details and as promised they showed up in the payment details section however, every time I try to use the moving home tool i get this message:

"We could not take payment from your stored card details. Please update your payment details."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"bangs head on desk"

What do I do now?

I'm not spending another two hours of my time on the phone if that's what I get as a result.
fatdeeman
Grafter

House move help?

presumably plusnet, you just want me to go and **** myself?
fatdeeman
Grafter

House move help?

Finally my house move is initiated but in the progress tracker it says it's converting my line FROM isdn

I don't get this part, especialy the £50 charge!

I've just moved here, im transferring my broadband, why on earth would i have an isdn line?

Does anybody know if it just always says that or am i about to get charged 50 for removing something that isn't even there?