Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move failed

ianccole
Dabbler

House move failed

Ticket 20098004

My house move is showing "The provide for this house move was rejected. Reason: Incompatible Product Exists on this Line"

What does this mean? Is the move going to happen as scheduled?

Thanks,

Ian
9 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

House move failed

This generally means there's something on the line that'll prevent us from activating it with ADSL. Tends to happen if you're doing a same number house move and the system submits the provide order early, or if you're moving somewhere that already has ADSL.
N/A

House move failed

Hi Ian,

A couple of possible reasons for this exist.

The previous occupant could have had adsl which may not be completely removed. There couls be a DACs unit fitted to the line, which is basically a device BT use for line sharing, or some other telephony equipment installed in the premises.

Do you know if the previous occupant had adsl installed?

<Edit Jon beat me to it >
JonathanW
Grafter

House move failed

Actually, I don't think I've ever seen a DACs show up as an incompatible product. They generally just show that the line is clear and we don't find out about it until the order gets delayed whilst BT sort out the DACs
ianccole
Dabbler

House move failed

Hi Mark, Thanks for the quick response.

Its a new number (but i guess thats not relevant) but it's quite possible that the previous occupant had adsl on the existing line.

If so - can PN get BT to remove the marker from the line?

I very much doubt if DACS or other bt products are the issue.

Ian
JonathanW
Grafter

House move failed

In the first instance, its a case of we have to get you to speak to BT regarding this. I've added some comments onto your open question detailing the actions to take in order to try and resolve this. It also details what to do should that not be successfull.
ianccole
Dabbler

House move failed

Thanks Jon,

I'll have a look at the open Q and see whats next.
ianccole
Dabbler

House move failed

After finally getting through to BT (1.5 hours in a Q) I have some information.

There is a cease order on the line which was placed on the 18th Aug with a action date of the 30th Aug. Virgin BB say that BT will have bumped that date back to the 30th (12 days notice) because they have a large backlog. BT say that date would have been chosen by Virgin BB. (Who knows whos telling the truth. I guess Virgin)

Is there anything that can be done to get the cease any earlier?

Will I still have 5 working days to wait from the date of the cease?

Ian
JonathanW
Grafter

House move failed

Its unlikely that BT will have bumped the date back, though without full access to the records it isn't possible to say exactly what has happened. At this point in time there's little that can be done, as that order would first have to be cancled before a fresh cease could be placed by Virgin.

So unfortunately, you will have to wait for five to seven working days after the line is confirmed as clear for BT to reprovide the connection.
ianccole
Dabbler

House move failed

I tested the line yesterday. It no longer has adsl (No sync).

Why is the next action showing as Thurs when the cease was set for Wed and seems to have been carried out a day early?