cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move: 27 days and counting...

N/A

How long should a house move take to process? I requested a move on 4th July and my new connection still isn't active. It was supposed to be activated on 26th July, but when that day came my ticket was update with:

"We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 19849227 ] has now been returned to the BOT - DSL Provisioning pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible."

There's been no update since that was posted (except requests for clarification by me), which makes me wonder what as soon as possible means for Plusnet!

I appreciate some matters may be outside of Plusnet's control, but the lack of communication and the 2+ day turn-around on tickets is woeful. And I don't appreciated being billed £14.99 for broadband I haven't had at all!

I've been a happy Plusnet user for over 3 years now, but if they don't sort this soon I'll be looking elsewhere!

Question: if I cancel my account now, will I have to pay the balance of my deferred activation, even if my line hasn't been activated?
23 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Hi there,

I've raised this internally and will get someone to chase it for you.

Generally house moves should take 5-7 working days if changing telephone number, or 10-14 working days if keeping the same telephone number.
N/A

This might be completely unrelated, but when I moved house it turned out that my phone line was supplied by NTL. It had a dial tone, but I could not make any calls (NTL had stopped the account).

BT did their bit and activated the ADSL on my new BT number, but the physical BT cable in the street had been disconnected and was sitting in a puddle at the bottom of the telegraph pole. I had no idea that this was the case because I just assumed the dial tone I had was a BT one.
An ex BT engineer friend of mine discovered why it wasn't working, and suggested I called BT.

I had to get BT in to reconnect the line (for free) and everything worked straight away. :lol:
N/A

James, thanks for raising my ticket - that was the effect I was hoping for. Smiley Of course it shouldn't be necessary to post here for that purpose...
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Re: House move: 27 days and counting...

How long should a house move take to process? I requested a move on 4th July and my new connection still isn't active.

Normally 7 days if you are changing number and a minimum of 14 days if retaining the existing one. Looks like it's taken slightly longer on this occasion Sad

I appreciate some matters may be outside of Plusnet's control, but the lack of communication and the 2+ day turn-around on tickets is woeful. And I don't appreciated being billed £14.99 for broadband I haven't had at all!

I have refunded 10 days service to the card on your account.

Question: if I cancel my account now, will I have to pay the balance of my deferred activation, even if my line hasn't been activated?

Not if the order does not complete. I'm pleased to report though that it was in fact completed 27th July. I've closed the ticket on your account back to you so lket us know if you continue to have problems.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Re: House move: 27 days and counting...

I have refunded 10 days service to the card on your account.

I find this particularly interesting since PN have flatly refused to refund me for an entire month of not having broadband.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

@glempius,

It all depends on the circumstances. In this case a reprovide was delayed following a request for the customer to move their ADSL to a new address. What this actually resulted in was a period of time where we were not paying BT for service on either the old line or the new line (the old line had been ceased and the new line had not yet been provided). As a result we are able to refund for the downtime.

In the event of a line fault or similar we would not normally offer a refund.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Bob,
Thanks for the update and the refund. My ADSL connection is indeed now working.

Cheers,
Jonathan
N/A

In case someone from customer support looks here before tickets - I have asked to move my account to my new address and had a note put on my ticket saying it can't be done. I have replied to ask why as I know I can get broadband there as BT have told me so. Hope someone can clarify this soon please.
James
Grafter

Hi Superwomble,

The reason why it is currently in delay is because we are currently awaiting for broadband to be removed from the telephone number before we are able to resubmit a new order on that number. Once the cease has been completed, we will be able to place the provide.
N/A

Thanks James, I didn't realise there was any BB there before as the line was a stopped line when I moved in, hope it all gets sorted soon Smiley

Will it still go through in the 5 working days do you know?
James
Grafter

Once the cease has completed, the new provide will take 5-7 working days.
N/A

Cheers, how long is the cease likely to take do you know?
James
Grafter

Hi,

The cease order was placed yesterday, with an expected completion date of August 7th.
N/A

Oh arse OK Sad

Will I get any refund for the time I am without a connection?