cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move

N/A

House Move

I moved house on the 19th Jan (only a couple of minutes up the road) and kept my existing phone number. When I called BT a week before the move, they said that the phone number could be transferred on the move day and sure enough, it was.

BT also said that my PlusNet broadband could be moved at the same time and gave me a reference number to pass on to PN. So, as the "House Move" tool didn't have anywhere to enter this reference number I gave them a call. The PN customer service guy I spoke to had no idea what the reference number was for and told me to complete the house move form anyway and then add a comment to the "House Move" question containing the reference number – which I did.

So, here we are two weeks later and still no broadband. The "provide" date has come and gone, the BT reference number has been ignored and I have no idea when I'm likely to be back online.

To top it all off, I've just noticed that the "House Move" question states "Our Support Team won't see any comments you add to this Question until your house move has completed." So I wasn't given the correct advice in the first place as no one at PN saw the BT reference number anyway.

Q: Can PN add a field to the "House Move" tool that allows customers to enter a BT reference number if they have one?

Q: Is it usual for a "House Move" to take two weeks?
64 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

House Move

Hi there,

It can take a while when you are keeping the same number, largely due to the BT Wholesale ordering system.

Your order is not yet closed from BT's side, but the general consensus is that the work is complete. As such you should be able to connect.

With regards to the ticket remaining in progress, this is a system error, and has been raised to our developers for a resolution.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
N/A

House Move

Thanks for your reply Mand.

I have tried connecting but the ADSL isn’t up and thus the router can’t authenticate. Is it possible to look at the connection from your end and see if everything appears to be as it should?

Thanks.
Mand
Grafter

House Move

Hi

Everything looks fine from here, however we are not seeing any connection attempts from your end.

Chasing BT for you now.
N/A

House Move

I empathise with you. Plusnet gave me a completion date of 10th January.

I have just asked Plusnet:
" If you were me, how much longer would you be prepared to wait for a service for which you had paid but are not receiving?"
N/A

House Move

Crikey! Are you saying that you are still waiting almost a month later?!?
sam
Grafter

House Move

Hi,

I have contacted BTW about this order delay and I have added further details to the ticket on your account.

I am waiting for the team manager within BTW to get back to me and I will update your ticket as soon as I have further information.
Andrew
Grafter

House Move

At least you actually moved house!

The line with broadband into my house got cancelled (don't ask), I re-ordered the line, same number, was told by BT that broadband should just "come back on", had to wait 10 days to get the phone line back (BT - wouldn't do a transfer, had to wait for the cancellation date, then parked it while their system 'closed the account', then sent an engineer who spent all day trying to find a spare pair to put a new line into the house - fortunately I saw him outside and asked what he was doing, no-one had told him there were already TWO lines into the house and it just needed re-connecting at the exchange!).

After getting the phone line back I waited a day or so for DSL to come back up, nothing. Telephoned BT who said I had to speak to PN, called PN only to find I had to re-order BB, and despite what BT had told me it would cost me the activation fee of £50. This took another 10 days so I was offline for 21 days in total.

Great, it cost me 21 days downtime, £50, countless minutes on dialup and telephone calls and what actually changed, the initials on the telephone account!

To be fair, most of this delay was caused by BT and their systems. However, BT Retail(!?) assure me that the charge is because it's LLU (what ever that is) and is due to the agreement PN have with BT wholesale - this should not impact me should it? New BB customers get free activation now, if you've been here for 6 years and pay for a premium service you have to pay to get reconnected to the same line!

I now have a connection that keeps dropping, having raised a BB fault I've been issued with a free phone number to connect when DSL is down. This would have been handy during the three weeks when I had no BB at all and was forced to use the 0845 number and webmail!

Given the past four months experience, if I'd known it was going to take 3 weeks and cost me money I think I would have given up and gone elsewhere!
N/A

House Move

Yes, almost a month later, and the next direct debit payment due to be taken soon.
sam
Grafter

House Move

joysd,

I have passed your fault to one of our logged faults team who is chasing this up with BT. With regards your billing. If you PM me once the connection is up and running I will ensure that you are credited for any downtime.

I will chase up your ticket in the morning and ensure that it has been updated.
N/A

House Move

Thank you, Sam, for having the courtesy to reply.

Connection was due on 10th January. I have had no use of the internet at home since the evening of 3rd January.
As Plusnet staff have been told - I can only access the internet infrequently, such as now, briefly from work or at a friend's.

On the tickets, I have asked questions that have not been answered and have been told the seemingly standard phrases again and again.

I cannot wait much longer for internet connection at home.
When I told an advisor on the telephone that I need to do online banking, his suggestion that I went to a bank left me dumbfounded.
If connection is not up and running within the next day or two, then I shall have to request a MAC in order to sign up to another ISP. If this happened, I would not expect any charge from Plusnet for this.

Joy Dean
sam
Grafter

House Move

Hi Joy,

I have been chasing this up with our faults team who have advised that BT seem unable to find a fault on your line. They have however advised that from the notes on the fault that the engineer who has been investigating the fault believes that this may be an actual phone problem as opposed to a broadband problem.

I have had the faults team pass this back to wholesale and the next step will be to arrange an engineer. I would advise befroe we book this that you have the line checked by calling 154. When you do this dont mention the broadband problem as this may result in the full line test not being actioned.

If 154 are unable to help you, you can either update your ticket or PM me with the details and I will add them for you.

We cannot guarentee that the fault will be fixed in the next 2 days, but I will makesure that further delays are not down to us.

With regards requesting the mac key. This is not something we can address on a public forum, so will need to be addresses in a ticket, although lets hope that it does not come to that.

I am sorry that our support staff were not very helpful and if you know the name of the agent you spoke to, please PM me this and I will ensure that this is flagged with his or her TL.
N/A

House Move

Thank you, Sam, for what you have done.

I have two minutes to access the internet from work right now.

I had advised Plusnet myself that BT could not find a fault on the line after I had telephoned BT faults.

I have had no problem with the telephone. However, later when home shall do as you request and call 154 and ask for the line to be checked.

I understood from the tickets that an engineer had been booked more than once.

I wonder if it has occurred to Plusnet that the modem could need replacing?

Time is of the essence, and I am sorry, too, that I cannot wait much longer. It will be four weeks tomorrow

Joy Dean
N/A

House Move

Sam, I had the line checked by calling 154. I was told that there was nothing wrong with it.
I did not mention the broadband problem.

Joy Dean
James
Grafter

House Move

Hi Joy,

Just to let you know, I'm trying to get an update on this one for you. Will report back as soon as I have further information.